2nd jab a 12 week wait in my old village

idun

Just a thought: I had next to no reaction from my AZ jab but my wife was very tired for 24 hrs;

I'm over 2m (6ft 4ins) and weigh 83kgs. My wife is 1.58m and weighs 50kgs

Given that we are, physically, completely different but were given the same dose of vaccine I just wonder if people who are suffering slight side affects are more on the diminutive side physically?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Ken"]Just a thought: I had next to no reaction from my AZ jab but my wife was very tired for 24 hrs;

I'm over 2m (6ft 4ins) and weigh 83kgs. My wife is 1.58m and weighs 50kgs

Given that we are, physically, completely different but were given the same dose of vaccine I just wonder if people who are suffering slight side affects are more on the diminutive side physically?[/quote]

Not my experience:  I am 153 cm and weigh 47 kgs; had the Pfizer last week and no effects at all, not even swelling or redness of the vaccination site.

On a doctor friend's advice (doctor in UK), I took paracetamol 1 gram on the morning of the jab and 1 gram at bedtime.

On Tues, ie the day of the suspension of the AZ, I went on the sante.fr site in sheer desperation and I got 2 RVs for OH!  Then later on that day, towards the end of the afternoon, I looked again at the site with no great expectation and found a slot for myself the very next day and was also able to book the 2nd slot in April!  In fact, both my RVs are before the two that I got for OH.  Can only conclude that the RVs were available because of last minute cancellations.

I am posting this as a note of encouragement for others who have not yet been so lucky.  I think it is perhaps the time to start haunting the sante france or doctolib sites again, day and night (as I did for weeks on end!) because I think more slots are now available.  Could even be that people were cancelling after the negative news of the AZ.  Maybe also now worth talking to MTs and pharmaciens.  Good Luck, everyone[:)]

Edit:  oops, forgot to say that I had the Pfizer and so will OH, due for his first dose this Friday

En fin mint, pleased  to hear that you got appointments and you are now vaccinated.

I had an achy arm. My uncle slept for about 18 hours the night following his jab. Bed about 6 and up at midday the following day, I hadn't realised he had slept quite that long until I spoke to my aunt at the weekend. If there are side effects, they are of this ilk, compared easily to side effects of the flue jab thus far.

I looked up the centre where I had my jab and they had only been up and running for 4 days!  In the Dordogne, they have now practically doubled up on the number of centres.

In the 4 days that "my" centre had been opened, they had done 395 people and were extremely disappointed at the number of no-shows.  So, just have a good scout round, as I suggested in my previous post.  For me, that had been really worth the effort[:D]