2nd jab a 12 week wait in my old village

idun

I spoke to a very good french friend yesterday and she had  just had her first jab. They had given her astra zenica and she felt fine.

I asked when her second jab was going to be and she said the beginning of June.

Must say I was rather surprised at that wait in France, I thought that the french government was getting their knickers in a twist about having the second jab in three weeks. 

Whatever, I am so glad that she has had her first jab.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They gave me the rdv for the 2nd jab (Pfizer) whilst I was there, but not possible, I am otherwise engaged in Toulouse Oncopole that day.  They altered it, and then I found an appointment in our village for a week later (so 5 weeks) and cancelled the one given.  Not too worried, did not want a Covid jab the day after immunotherapy anyhow!  I'm quite content that I've had the first one .. well protected now I believe.

Well, AZ say that the incidence of blood clots per million with the vaccine is actually lower than without. Remember, the vaccines are under close examination all the time which may be causing unnecessary panics.

Those having the strongest side effects are those perhaps obtaining the greatest degree of protection?

Yes, I've read that info. too Wooly and I hope they are correct.

I thought the AZ vaccines had use by dates.  If so many countries have stopped giving them with some of them saying they will wait two weeks or more to see what investigations show, what is happening with the doses?

I'd like one.

France has suspended the AZ vaccinations for 24 hours and is waiting for the European Medicines Agency to make a statement.

Well worth reading this article on prevalence of bllod clots https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/15/evidence-oxford-vaccine-blood-clots-data-causal-links

In summary:

Professor Sir David Spiegelhalter, a statistician from the University of Cambridge, said the decision to pause the AstraZeneca vaccine rollout in some countries, including Denmark, Norway and Ireland, could be doing “more harm than good”.

I’ve looked at the AstraZeneca reports and they’ve said that 17 million jabs across the EU and the UK (had been administered) and they’ve had about 15 cases of deep vein thrombosis and 22 cases of pulmonary embolism reported.

Doing some sums, deep vein thrombosis happens to one in 1,000 people per year of all ages.

So, out of those 17 million jabs, we would expect at least 17,000 of those people to get a deep vein thrombosis some time in the year.

So that means that there will have been - and you can pretty well guarantee it - 350 people who have had an AstraZeneca jab then had a deep vein thrombosis in the week following that.

23 people died, following the Pfizer jab during January, in Norway. 10 people died following the Pfizer jab during January, in Germany.  I have yet to read of the Norwegians or the Germans introducing a temporary halt to that brand of vaccine.

The contraceptive pill and flying can both be a cause of blood clots within the body. As far as I am aware people are still participating in sex and flying, quite possibly in reduced quantities at the moment due to the pandemic.

Norway aside, it strikes me the EU countries are just continuing their political bias against Brexit and the success of the UK rollout of their vaccination programme.

One must also query what happens to all those who have received the first jab of AZ  (self included) and are awaiting the second one?  Will we just be thrown under the bus?

In the UK we have personal knowledge of about 20 couples and a few singles who have had their first jab with about 50:50 AZ and Pf. In every case there is a waiting time of 12 weeks for the second jab. This is just a policy decision made by the government and not based on the recommendations of the manufacturers.

I am (was!) due my first this coming Saturday. It would have been a AZ vaccine which I have no problems with at all. Now that France has joined in the hysteria surrounding blood clots I wonder if it will happen.

Who s advising European governments because they are not listening to the experts are they? The E.U. health agency say it is safe, the WHO say it is safe and scientists everywhere say it's safe so who are the various countries listening too, the local butcher!!!!

The Finnish press are saying that it is the media coverage and almost certainly political; that gets my vote!!!

[quote user="anotherbanana"]This however gives food for thought:

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/why-are-we-still-giving-people-covid-19-vaccines[/quote]

This was one of the most comprehensive (to me at least) articles I've read on the subject.

I know our MT feels that the vaccines should not be given until full clinical trials have been completed.  He agrees with the above article that the entire project is experimental.

A very interesting article.

Edited to add:

After checking, the author of the article is shown on UK Column’s website as “Author, blogger, researcher and short film maker who rants at In This Together. You could follow his witter on Twitter & his ramblings are also forthcoming on Steemit & MINDS. You can even watch his offerings on YouTube, DTube and on BitChute too.”

However, about 17 million people in the EU and the UK are reported to have received a dose of OxfordAstraZeneca vaccine, with fewer than 40 cases of blood clots reported via the official reporting schemes.

On a purely personal level, everyone I know who has had the OAZ vaccine up to now, including myself, my husband, my brother plus neighbours, and friends across the UK and in France have had very mild side effects only. Three had flu-like symptoms, with shivering, sweating etc, went to bed, had a good sleep and woke up feeling fine.

Interesting article, yes, but who is the author .. no attribution given, always suspicious.  Clinical trials were completed, whatever the article says, the vaccines would not otherwise have been given authorisation. That is not to say that further ones are still ongoing. 

I know I would prefer a vaccine to catching the virus .. and yes, any death is sad, any adverse reaction unfortunate, but if you read the list of possible side effects, on even standard medications, they would frighten you to not take them.  The points is that these are RARE.

We are talking about possibilities only - and given the number of vaccines already administered against the number of (extremely rare) deaths, and (almost as rare) other side effects, I know what I would opt for.