S1 form

sueyh

Sue,

Take a copy ... and keep that copy, you will not guess how many times you will need it (we didn't and had to get a replacement!).  Then contact CPAM, who are the ones who register it .. unless he worked here, in which case I don't know which Caisse it will be.

No doubt someone will know .. it's what we did when we came here as retirees anyway.

Judith-aka-Judith wrote the following post at 13 Jul 2021 9:55:

Sue,

Take a copy ... and keep that copy, you will not guess how many times you will need it (we didn't and had to get a replacement!).

Good advice - I made about 3 copies of each .. never, ever part with the Original, guard it safely.

[quote user="Weegie"]Definitely keep a copy.  In my experience, getting a copy from UK isn't easy.

[/quote]

That wasn't my experience.  I rang for copies and they were sent by return of post.  But, I agree, make and keep copies.

I didn't....just stupidly hadn't realised the importance of keeping copies of just about every bit of paper in your possession.

Agree entirely; keep the original and make copies of everything; our local health people will not make photocopies so by all means show them the original but give them a photocopy. They will accept that I should think. It can be difficult to get a new S1 from UK; though I didnt need one I asked them to be told that they do not reissue them.

Here are several useful paragraphs and links on

UK-funded healthcare: using an S1 form in France

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare-in-france-including-martinique-and-guadaloupe#s1

You will receive two copies of the S1 from the UK. You give one to CPAM and keep the other. CPAM will contact the UK to confirm they have registered your S1. You will then be able to apply for a UK-issued EHIC

Now that is a change since we got ours 2005/2008 .. only one copy sent, and CPAM wanted the original.  Scans are indeed best now, didn't then have the technology for that in house.  Nor were replacement copies then available.  I did say someone would correct / update  if I was wrong.

Keeping as many copies of anything that you think the authorities might want is so helpful, it's something we never knew for so long ..