Second Vaccination

NickP

Just a heads up to anybody that might be in the same boat as my wife and myself were. We only received one vaccination shot because we had earlier tested positive, and under the French system one shot was OK as they said that if you tested positive you should have "antibodies".

Well, yesterday my wife got an E/Mail from the connexion, a publication that I'm very sceptical about as its record of misinformation is quite high. It said that people who like us who only had one shot could now get a second one, as it seems that one shot wasn't a full vaccination for travel purposes; so the French authorities had said we could now get a second vaccination. Mrs P who decided to strike while the iron was hot immediately got onto the doctolib site and found vacancies for today. As I said I was still sceptical but we showed up, sat at the reception desk and told the person there our history and that we would like a second shot, there was a bit of head-scratching and he went off and came back 1 minute later saying yes that is correct, filled out our forms 45 minutes later we left fully vaccinated. So a big thank you to the French health service as you have saved us a 10-day quarantine if we get back to the UK to visit the Grandchildren.

That sounds like a very good tip Nick

I probably comes under:

"Il est possible, du point de vue médical, de recevoir deux doses de

vaccin même en ayant déjà contracté la Covid-19. En revanche, cette

seconde dose n’est pas nécessaire pour compléter le schéma vaccinal. Le

médecin présent dans le centre de vaccination
ou le professionnel de

santé qui réalise la vaccination en cabinet ou à domicile peut néanmoins

décider d’administrer une seconde dose à une personne qui a déjà

contracté la Covid-19 s’il l’estime nécessaire."

source

I'm not sure why they suddenly changed tack Norman, but for whatever reason, it was good news for us. The article I read and showed to the chap at the reception said it was to do with the new negotiation between the UK and France to try to boost the holiday traffic. What did impress me was that the vaccination centre was packed with youngsters getting their vaccinations. Two young lads aged around 17 or 18 who were in front of us were asked if they had parental consent, both said no so were asked to fill out a form and then let in to proceed with the procedure. Maybe Mr Macrons health pass to let people into events is working.