Antigen test

sueyh

In France I go to my local lab as it is very near and they test from 1000 to 1200 weekdays and, I think on Saturday mornings but cant check as I am away.

The nearest pharmacie also tests but dunno the hours.

You will need to have the results of your French PCR test before crossing and it has to be within 72 hours.

Thats great help and information. Loiseau I have got the attestation downloaded and ready to print. Gardian thanks for the info that both pcr and laleral flow test are ok. I wasn't sure about whether the lateral flow test would be acceptable but happy to hear that it is. I've looked up nearby labs and I've found one about 20 minutes away . There is a pharmacy in the village where our house is but i can't tell if they do tests or if they are open weekends. It looks like we will have to travel later in the week. Because we dont sail untill 2300 hrs. We loose a whole day of the 72 hours in travelling through France.

So to summarise. . 1 , I will need an attestation to enter France.

2, I need a pcr or lft test in France 72 hours before departure 3,

And need to order a 2nd day UK arrival to my home address in the UK before leaving the UK.

The last bit could be awkward as I dont know when we will return to the UK . I suppose that I could place an order for the test and then contact the provider and delay the test ?

Does this sound to be workable ?

Just listening to Prof Tim Spector’s podcast. Only 5% of the submitted PCR tests are looked at 95% go unchecked. Who’s making the money from yet another government farce.

Therefore to comply you just need the booking code from a test provider for your passenger locator form. If the testing company mess up it wont matter as 95% of those travelling wont be checked and in the case of a chap the other day on another forum, he was advised to go to a local NHS test centre and was allowed under these circumstances this was allowed.

Pip, not sure if that is a typo, but the booking of the Day 2 PCR test is done before you leave France to return to the U.K. You don't have to book it BEFORE you leave the U.K., only before your France-UK journey begins.

Before you start the U.K.-bound journey, as well as getting that Antigen test done in France, you have to fill in the Passenger Locator Form with details of your crossing, and the reference number of your Day 2 PCR test, which you only book just before filling in that form and which should then arrive at your U.K. address a day after you do.

QUOTE albf

THERE IS NO WAY...I am sticking a swap up the nose and down the throat of one of my kids. ...

END QUOTE

albf, it looks as if children aged 11 and under are exempt from having to be tested, as long as they are travelling with fully vaccinated adults.

Loiseau thanks for confirming that I dont need to book a return day 2 test before leaving the UK. I had read on the .gov site that I needed to book the test before i started to travel and assumed that meant before I left the UK ! As we don't know when we will return to the UK this is better.