Antigen test

sueyh

Beg pardon, assumed you were going the other way, to France. Antigen still ok, afaik.

From France, now have to parkup and take your papers in by hand to be checked so take a mask in case of queues. There were none when I was there but it was a weekday early morning.

All quite easy but tedious

You have to book the test and pay in advance before you leave France, you get a code which you have to put on your passenger location form. So why wouldn't you do the test? You might get away with it if you did a day trip, but apart from that, I believe they can check up on you and you could get a fine for not complying. Ask one of your mates from another forum they know everything about the UK apparently. ?? Ah, there you go Thierry answered your question. Sorry T, I didn't see your post before I commented.

1) Before you leave France, albf you have to book a pcr test through a UK company. They will give you a reference number which you enter on your passenger locator form which also has to be completed before leaving France.

2) The test will be sent to your nominated UK address and should arrive one day after you arrive. This test you have to take and send back on day 2 of your stay using a marked postbox. A normal post box with a special priority sticker stuck on it.

3) I have now twice used testingforall.org, a non profit organisation who charge cost of £52 per test, recommended by Which Magazine. Results back in two days by email.

4) Dont forget that you will have had to have taken a pcr test in France before leaving for UK.

5) At the tunnel they will want to check all your paperwork which means getting out of the car and going into the terminal building with all papers. You will then be issued the hanger to hang on your mirror and can then proceed through customs and passport control.

It is all a bore, I know, but is keeping us all safe, Inshallah!

Yes is the short answer as they are number allocated to each person ordering. So you have to order each kit individually. However if you are delaying your trip you could still utilise the kit.

Worth doing a trustpilot review of any company you are considering using as some are bloody awful rip off merchants, yes even the ones on the gov website. Not really a surprise as they will all be mates of the government.

[quote user="anotherbanana"]Yes, it was acceptable when I went back about a month ago, but why do you need one? Are you twice jabbed?[/quote]

We had our test yesterday afternoon. The qr code won’t upload to our touscovid app. Did you have the same?

QUOTE albf

are these home tests safe to do on Children ?

END QUOTE

The tests - whether professionally- or self-administered - are swabs of throat and nose, taken with a long "wand". Obviously not pleasant, but not unsafe.

However, here in London, my daughter was advised when testing her toddler (after she and her husband had tested positive) that it was enough just to do his nose swab. (I can imagine it would be incredibly difficult to swab the back of throat of a screaming child.)

I read that the 2-day test (UK) is cheaper if you go in to have it done (somewhere?) when you arrive in UK rather than have the test sent to a UK address and, presumably, post it back.  Are they sent back by normal post or are there drop-boxes available everywhere?

Is there a list of these centres in towns where you can go in and get it done? Presumably, you have previously reserved and paid for it on your Passenger locator form.

Thanks for the info Woolly its nice to here from someone that has jumped through the hoops. I am hoping to get across in September with a bit of luck. I like to travel back on a Monday . I know that the pcr test to go back to the UK has to be done 72 hours before sailing. Do pharmacies or laboratories test on Saturday or Sunday ?

It sounds to me like I am paying 160 pounds just to get a booking reference. Which I guess I have to do because I need to go.

Our day 2 is Saturday. Then it is Sunday and then the bank holiday. We are back in France on Tuesday.

So we will get the results back like Wednesday I guess when we are back. So it is utterly pointless.

THERE IS NO WAY...I am sticking a swap up the nose and down the throat of one of my kids. I am not a ******** doctor. You would never be allowed to do that in France.

WTF...is going on in the UK ?

This is what the priority letter boxes look like, for posting off your Day 2 test.

Hope the link works...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua1ygem5hob5ihc/postbox.jpg?dl=0

EDIT

Hmm, don’t suppose that will work for anybody who doesn’t have a Dropbox account ?