I keep receiving the following message " Your Paypal.com account expires " etc., etc., I have no knowledge of an A/C with " Paypal " . It has a seperate message to be opened which I have not done to date. Every time I come on screen I have at least one if not more of the same message. I'm with (wanadoo.fr ). It informs me that if I don't update with them by the 19th Dec. my security will suffer. Mazan !!! I'm still on a learning curve with comps but I don't feel happy in opening up their add on. Suggestions please

Royston

>I keep receiving the following
>message " Your Paypal.com account
>expires " etc., etc.,
> I have no knowledge
>of an A/C with "
>Paypal " . It
>has a seperate message to
>be opened which I have
>not done to date.
>Every time I come on
>screen I have at least
>one if not more of
>the same message. I'm
>with (wanadoo.fr ). It
>informs me that if I
>don't update with them by
>the 19th Dec. my security
>will suffer. Mazan !!!
>I'm still on a learning
>curve with comps but I
>don't feel happy in opening
>up their add on.
>Suggestions please
>
>Royston

Hi

These started off as mails to get people who have paypal accounts to give out their passwords etc so that the kind sender could clear the account (and unfortunatly it worked on some). Bit like the Natwest and HSBC ones I keep getting - who I don't bank with.

In the fullness of time one of these senders has managed to become infected with a virus and is now spreading it. It has nothing to do with Paypal who I have used for quite some time very successfully and with no problems.

Hope this helps and puts your mind at rest - I would also go to one of the web sites such as Symantec and get your PC checked out if you don't have a virus checker on it.

Di

http://www.iceni-it.co.uk

Paypal have issued warnings about this - it was originally a scam, as noted. The idea was to persuade you to part with your bank details so that the scammers could depart with your balance. There are also other versions claiming to come from banks and credit card companies. The advice is to never give out your bank details except when you have made 'first contact'. They also usually have a giveaway email address - Paypal does not use hotmail or similar!

Regards

Dick