Max ADSL v Reliability

Morning, we need to up our ADSL connection (currently 1024/128 with Wanadoo) - looking around it seems N9UF offer the best, speed and price wise, and can supply 5-8Mbps/800k to our line.
It seems Wanadoo cant get anywhere near that upload speed, they state 256k as their max (via DebitMax)

Wanadoo to be fair, for the last 2 years, have been 100% reliable in terms of connection - something thats really important to my business.

So any horror stories with N9UF?
Or any better recommendations of suppliers for speed and reliability?

9online / neuf are ok for service but the devil to deal with on their accounts side and even more difficult to end the contract.

Have a look at www.free.fr, it was the best deal for us at the time at 29.9€.

Free modem, wireless 27€, free phonecalls inside France, UK etc calls 3c a min with no connection charge and an extra telephone line (voip through normal phones).

Looked at Free.fr, unfortunatly we are 'non dégroupé' so restricted to 2048 / 320 @ 29.9 euros per month - so the N9UF offer at 14.90 p.m is still looking good

Actually that dosent make sense - N9UF have me as dégroupé but Free dont?

Anyone switched ADSL providers? how long was the downtime?

Yo can be Degrouped for one operator and not another. Its their commercial decision whether they think it to be worthwhile installing their own equipment in the ft exchange.

The operators do not make it easy to switch, and it  was recently reported in Figaro that changes involving ADSL and phone service have seen people suffering no service for up to three weeks!

Could someone please explain the difference between internet via ADSL and Haut Debit. I have had France telecom on the phone today offering me illimite ADSL telephone and max speed internet for 38 euros ttc. I currently have Haut Debit 512K for 19.90 euros. Are these things the same? My phone is on Tele 2 and very cheap they are. Would there be any advantage in moving? Thanks.

Could someone please explain the difference between internet via ADSL and Haut Debit. I have had France telecom on the phone today offering me illimite ADSL telephone and max speed internet for 38 euros ttc. I currently have Haut Debit 512K for 19.90 euros. Are these things the same? My phone is on Tele 2 and very cheap they are. Would there be any advantage in moving? Thanks.

[quote]Looked at Free.fr, unfortunatly we are 'non dégroupé' so restricted to 2048 / 320 @ 29.9 euros per month - so the N9UF offer at 14.90 p.m is still looking good Actually that dosent make sense - N9U...[/quote]

Couldn't agree with you more, LL, I have tried for just over a year to cancel an ISDN internet account which I have never managed to make work:

Now some 200 Euros later, after hours on their expensive and quite inept technical 'help'line; frustrating hours talking to their accounts department; Two 'avis de reception' letters asking them to close the account (one of which they claim not to have received) and after an eventual promise from the accounts department to close the account and refund the abonnements since December, I have just received yet another copy of the bill, and a demand from a debt collection service!

Yes, the 9online service works but at a hell of a price, and not just in Euros either!

p