I'm in need of a new tv and am thinking about a plasma and have a couple of questions if anyone can help please .

Am I right in thinking that i can drive it directly from the sat box via scart so therefore dont need seperate tuner ?

Does the pal/secam problem come into the running or do I treet the plasma as a large monitor ( which seems to be the case as far as I can tell )

thanks in advance

les

Don’t know if it applies to Plasma TV’s, but I recently replaced my computer CRT with a TFT and, for mainstream manufacturers (LG, HP, Sony, etc.) I found them quite a bit cheaper in France than PC World (UK).

Make sure you see a few examples of picture sources on your chosen model, and that you are happy with the results.

I was in the market for a large, flat screen TV but went off them when I saw how badly most of them handle motion, especially derrived from film stock. I settled on a 50Hz 16:9 CRT in the end

p

[quote]Don’t know if it applies to Plasma TV’s, but I recently replaced my computer CRT with a TFT and, for mainstream manufacturers (LG, HP, Sony, etc.) I found them quite a bit cheaper in France than PC Wo...[/quote]

Don't know if I was clear - when I said I found TFT computer displays cheaper in France, I meant model for model (e.g. HP Model XXX I found cheaper in France than the identical model on PC World web site, etc.)