I subscribe to sky in the UK and  take my digibox and card on visits to France where the system works perfectly.

I have recently obtained another digibox which i intend to leave in situ.

Can some please explain to me :  if it is possible how I can make  the new digibox accept my veiwing card.( I have inserted it with no effect) Or will I have to obtain a free to veiw card? for the new box?.

If this is the case how do i go about obtaining a card?

To get the card to work in the other box, you have to ring SKY, supply them with the details they require and then they electronically match the card to the box.

Problem is, do this too many times and SKY will get suspicious and therefore will want to know what you are up to.
So yes obtain a FTV card.
Oh where from? 64 billion dollar question and not one that I can help you with.
I would suggest you try using a search engine to try and locate one.

Your card should work in any box, except that you may/will not receive any of the premium channels (Movies, Disney, Sport), if you subscribe to them. "ordinary" subscription channels (Sky1, UKTV etc etc) will work.

But, as David said, Sky will get suspicious if you keep changing boxes- I'm sure that they log all these things.

Aren't FTV cards available again, from Sky?

Sky Free to View cards are available for £20 and will enable ITV1, ITV2. Ch4 and five. The last telephone number I have is 0870 6061111. The call should only be made from the UK and the address given must be in the UK with a current TV licence. They may require details of the digibox including the serial number.

Baz

[quote]I subscribe to sky in the UK and take my digibox and card on visits to France where the system works perfectly. I have recently obtained another digibox which i intend to leave in situ. Can some pl...[/quote]

We are bringing a sky dish and box over this week. I've spoken to our local Sky Mr Fixit and he says you can take your card over and use it in France to get the extra channels- I'm going to try it out!!