We have had a Livebox for about three weeks, I'm not computer literate but we have two laptops and we can use both at once on wireless.

The configuration required on the box is in french but here goes

PC Processuer 350 MHz ou superieur

Windows 98SE avec 64 Mo de memoire vive

Windows ME/2000 avec 64Mo de memoire vive

Windows XP avec 128 Mo de memoire vive

Un port USB disponible

Lecteur de cederom

Compatible Mac en raccordement filaire Ethernet (cable non Fourni), un port Ethernet disponible pour Mac

Hope this helps, Good Luck

Jackie

We have had a Livebox for about three weeks, I'm not computer literate but we have two laptops and we can use both at once on wireless.

The configuration required on the box is in french but here goes

PC Processuer 350 MHz ou superieur

Windows 98SE avec 64 Mo de memoire vive

Windows ME/2000 avec 64Mo de memoire vive

Windows XP avec 128 Mo de memoire vive

Un port USB disponible

Lecteur de cederom

Compatible Mac en raccordement filaire Ethernet (cable non Fourni), un port Ethernet disponible pour Mac

Hope this helps, Good Luck

Jackie

[quote]Anyone got this or used it? They seem very vague on their website about system requirements (I have a Mac), but it would solve a lot of problems in our house!Dave.[/quote]

I toyed with the idea of getting one of these but as I had already bought Airport Express in the UK I thought I would give it a go so that I could use my iMac away from the phone points which are curiously sited. You have to use an ethernet modem (the USB socket is for printer only) but it works pretty well for me and I now have it networked with my PC which is two storeys up from the Mac and I can share my broadband connection. The only problem I now have is that the PC refuses to share the printer which it did quite happily when I first installed it so I'm going to have to do battle with XP again. Might be an alternative for you unless you want the other things the Livebox offers.

RonB - are you saying that you use Airport, not the Livebox? I wanted to use an Airport thingy, but, at €3 per month, the livebox seems dead cheap and I have the ethernet modem and adsl provided by wanadoo already.

Patmobile - what's up?