Free to Air satellite dish sets

Last year there was a thread re these sets, dish box and thingey to set the direction of dish, available from Lidl mainly sold mainly for caravans I think, but being used in holiday homes in France.  Under £100 as I recall, does anyone know if Lidl (or elsewhere) does anything like this now (our local one does not), and to those who did have one how did they find it worked? We will be in Normandy by the way. Any info gratefully received.

Most of the Bricolage shops have kits. They usually consist of a satellite receiver, dish. LNB and remote control. To start from scratch you will also need a mounting kit, ie bracket, cable and cable connectors or you can buy the bits separately. If you have a Brico Depot reasonably near they have a kit at about 74 Euros plus the fixing kit and I can't remember the price of these, but not much. They also have an audible signal indicator to help get the direction right - I've no experience of these but at an extra 25 Euros they may be worth having.

They work very well. We have had several FTA receivers over a number of years. I won't pretend they last for ever, they have a 2 year gusrantee and will generally see that out and as new things come on the market all the time it is not a long term purchase. They are reasonably easy to install for a competent DIY person (preferably 2 when it comes to pointing the dish).

Liz (29)

We bought a dish from Lidl last year, and installed it ourselves.  Unfortunately, despite several expeditions up a ladder, him indoors was unable to find the right satellite, despite having an audible signal finder. He said it bleeped almost constantly and still the TV said signal weak and no picture appeared. In the end I called out a man from the local TV shop, and he duly arrived with a HUGE meter, and after 45 minutes and 2 attempts up the ladder, the dish was set up and pictures appeared.  Fantastic, and his services only set me back €45, which was a small price to pay to stop any further whinging from hubbie!  You'll need to keep an eye on the leaflets from Lidl, as they only get these dishes in periodically, and when we bought ours, they weren't on display in the shop, as they couldn't keep the shelves stocked fast enough.

Marie