Hello everybody,

I'm looking for the cheapest (as long as it still works!) monthly broadband package I can get in France.  Does anhyone have any ideas?  I see that Tiscale do one for only 10 euros or something, with an introductory free phone calls offer, but it is only 256 kb.  Wht sort of prices are people paying for 1mb?  I'm also wondering whether I will have any problems getting a connection, as I'm in a gorge.  I'm a bit of a technophobe, so anything I have needs to be easy to use! 

Any advice or ideas gratefully received.

Tessa

For starters, go onto the Wanadoo.fr site and look for the ADSL offers like : http://nos-offres.wanadoo.fr/no1119252929/ext/of2-gamme-extense.html?

Choose the simplest and go through the checks to see if your phone number (and thus line/exchange) is ADSL ready.

If yes, search on Google.fr for the deal you want.

We happen to use Wanadoo, simply because at the time they were offering free equipment and no set up fee. The kit arrived quickly and worked from the box. I know there are cheaper now, but I need reliability. And I get it.

Like OF I would endorse Wanadoo ADSL via a livebox, absolutely no problems and speed is fantastic compared to before,  Total price for  unlimited use 30€ a month, which includes 3€ for the livebox rental, which you don't have to have, they supply a new modem free of charge.

Wanadoo 512k is 19.90€ per month, 1024k is 29.90€ where are you getting 45€ from Les??   As an ex-user of Free I would not touch it with a barge pole, while the connection was free, it was SOoooo slow during much of the day,  What took 5 minutes to down load  like Spybot on anyone else's system took an hour with Free and I had to pay premium rate for the phone connection. 

From the Wanadoo website!

I have to say that for me, having used Wanadoo, 9online & Tiscali it is excellent. 29.90€ for up to 10MB (line dependent)and free calls throughout France, UK at 3cts a minute, 2 lines etc etc.

They do show a 19.90€ deal on Wanadoo but it is only for an introductory period then the price increases plus 3€ a month for livebox - unless of course, I am reading it wrong!

Ron, Looking at the Wanadoo site again, the 512k deal at 19.90€ is restricted to 5GO a month, the unlimited deal is 19.90€ rising to 25.90€.

The Wanadoo 1Meg deal is 29.90€

In direct comparison Free is 29.90€ for up to 10Meg (non dégroupée), 20Meg dégroupée both line dependent. But includes unlimited free phone calls in France and a free modem router whereas the Livebox is 3€ a month extra.

When comparing apples with apples, it is still a much better deal.

They also show a new deal of 20 hours unlimited "dial up" use for those waiting ADSL, at a fantastic price of - free! Subject to signing up on ADSL with them when it is available.