Landlord Query

SS2002

Hello

I have a query about my landlord and whether they should be able to access the property - garden and dependences if I am not there and have locked the garden gate and sheds?  Obviously they have a set of keys that I didn't know about...

Should they inform me if they are coming round rather than just dropping in?  Should they be allowed to complain if the house itself is a bit messy, not being destroyed or anything like that but not 100% tidy??!!

Many thanks.

THIS might help (translation).

and see HERE (translation).

Obvious question, but it needs to be asked: Does your bail include the garden and outbuildings?

If so, they must inform you in advance and only if you agree to the visit.

The only time the owner can barge in is in case of emergency (fire, flooding...) or building works.

This is your home and they cannot intrude as and when they feel like it.

Hello Clair

Yes, it does include the dependences, the garden isn't mentioned but he told me to get the grass cut so presume it should be included!

If the house comes with a cooker and fridge, can it be assumed that it is a furnished property?  I think they are playing games with me so want all my facts before I confront them!

How can I find out what a reasonable rent for the property would be?

Many thanks!

[quote user="SS2002"]Hello Clair

Yes, it does include the dependences, the garden isn't mentioned but he told me to get the grass cut so presume it should be included!

If the house comes with a cooker and fridge, can it be assumed that it is a furnished property?  I think they are playing games with me so want all my facts before I confront them!

How can I find out what a reasonable rent for the property would be?

Many thanks![/quote]

Contact these people (They sometimes have weekly or monthly visiting days in some towns. Ask your mairie)

Either go and see them with your paperwork and queries or email them. Do you know a Fluent French speaker who can help if your French isn't up to much?

ADIL DE LA CHARENTE-MARITIME

Site : http://www.adil17.org

E-mail : [email protected]

70 bis, avenue Jean Guiton

17000 LA ROCHELLE

Tel : 05 46 34 41 36

or

ADIL DE LA GIRONDE

Site : http://www.adil33.org

BORDEAUX

E-mail : [email protected]

105, avenue Emile Counord