French telephone cards

Just read the piece about French pay as you go

sim cards from www.0044.co.uk in le bulletin Living France

Any one tried them ?

Any other company doing  it ?

Need to sort myself a french number out for the mobile  (No landline)

Has the shop we ordered the beds from would not deliver as we did not have a French phone number to give them.

Andy

Its a standard SFR pre paid card which you can buy in France for 30 euros.

If the network suits, and you want a bit of hand-holding, or need to make use of the phone unlocking you may be happy to pay their £10 fee.

You may want to check that you get a good SFR signal in your area, otherwise you may need to go with Orange, or Bouyges.

Remember that all french credits are time limited so you may want to buy small recharges if you aren't going to be making much outgoing use of the phone. Also you need to recharge the phone before the incoming call period expires, otherwise you will have to start all over again!

I bought an Orange France card as I think their cards had the longest duration validity. Unfortunately my house (and indeed the whole of my nearby area) seems to have zero Orange-F signal cover so after using up my credit I didn't renew it.

Having just had a week's bill for very light weight use of my UK O2 phone in France I think I'm going to have to look into it again. SFR seem to have an excellent signal where I am, does anyone know what their rates are (I can only figure out from their website that the sim cards are €30) and how long does the credit last for ?

By the way there's an interesting article on moneysavingexpert at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1119870249,48922, on the cheapest ways of using your mobile abroad.

Geoffrey

I bought myself a mobile 'phone for Orange and found the signal was non-existant where I live.  I then had to purchase an SFR 'phone and the signal is excellent.  I renewed with a 35 Euro top-up which gives 20% extra calls and lasts two months.