Cheap 'phone calls France to UK.

I’ve just had my France Telecom ‘phone bill and been searching how to save money on my ‘phone calls back to the UK.  These seem to be the current offers, if anyone is interested.   Prices are per minute.

The service providers buy minutes in bulk and then sell them on to us users.  They change the tariff if they have to bulk buy new minutes at a new price, so you need to check the rates regularly as they change from time to time.

France Telecom

UK                                € 0.12 off peak                                   € 0.22 peak

UK mobiles                   € 0.34 off peak                                   € 0.44 peak

http://www.budgetelecom.fr                                          registration required

UK                                € 0.055                                    

UK mobiles                   € 0.37

http://www.no-limit-telecom.com                                     access number

UK                                Local rates*                               0811 65 48 48              

UK mobiles                   € 0.225                                       0811 65 48 48

http://www.lesminutes.com                                             registration required

Smoke and mirrors!

You need to add the connection charges in order to see the true costs!

For example France to UK landline 3 minute call:

Tiscali 30cts

Cegetel 28.7cts

Neuf 27cts

Phone Expat 21cts

TLK2 8.97cts

There are better deals if using an Internet provider such as Free.fr for internet and telephone.

Hi, you could go to www.skype.com and download their FREE software. it enables you to talk to other users via computer or you can buy €10.00 worth of outgoing call time and call ANY landline from your computer and talk via your microphone, i made a call to the UK of 18.11 minutes and it cost me €0.323 for the WHOLE call. You can also pay a €10.00 charge for 3 months worth of incoming calls, this enables you to choose a number (UK number would be best) then your friends can call that number, if you are online you can answer it, if not then they can leave a voicemail message, even if your computer is switched off. you really need to have a broadband (ASDL) connection but i only have dialup and so i do experience a bit of a time lag during calls. There are also USB 'Skype' phones available at not bad prices. And if you are a business traveller then you can make these calls from anywhere in the world at the same rate, and it will be the same for your friends and family...they will always only be phoning a UK number....it works and it may well be the future?

best regards

Dave Goodwin