ADSL Modem Question

Hi

We currently have 2 Macs and a laser printer networked using a small Ethernet hub.

As we're getting ADSL soon, we'll need a broadband modem; could anyone confirm that a Netgear DG834 - http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DG834.php - will not only act as the modem, but replace the hub as well (and also allow us to share the internet connection)?

And (assuming it does do what we want), can we get it anywhere cheaper than Amazon (€84 inc p&p)?

Thanks very much

Absolutely right. I've been using one now for about 6 months and it works really well.

Even when purchased in France, the software from CD can be loaded in English language if you prefer. The manuals come in French but you can download copies in English from the Netgear website.

If you have any problems then you can phone the UK Netgear support number and register your product with them. They are very helpful.

Hi ...... I know this was posted yesterday but thought i'd add my piece as well....

Currently using a Netgear DG834G Modem/Firewall/Router & have it networked up with 1 main machine, 1 laptop (both via cable) & another 2 machines (all PC's) using the WiFi capability..... works fantastically & apart from the fact that i had 2 send the original back because it gave up, it's been great all the way. Netgear France replaced it no problem by the way.... just sent me a completely new one in a box.....

So i'd say yeah, thumbs up & go 4 it!

Cheers.......

SrV