OFFICE 2003 UPDATE SP2

[quote]Steer well clear for now.....Let BG create another "patch" before downloading....Give it another month![/quote]

I gave up and downloaded Open Office which seems to do most things and it works and is FREE, it was down loaded for me by the people who rebult my PC after it took objection to a thunderstorm but that is another tale.

[quote]I gave up and downloaded Open Office which seems to do most things and it works and is FREE, it was down loaded for me by the people who rebult my PC after it took objection to a thunderstorm but that...[/quote]

I think you misinterpreted what I meant....I'm not saying Microsoft Office 2003 is dodgy....just the latest update SP2.

[quote]I think you misinterpreted what I meant....I'm not saying Microsoft Office 2003 is dodgy....just the latest update SP2.[/quote]

I did misinterpret what you meant but was the SP2 for Office or for XP?

I use XP with SP2 and I like it now I have got used to it, I have not tried to use my very old Office, I guess it is corrupt, any way it would not work when my PC was rebuilt.

[quote]I did misinterpret what you meant but was the SP2 for Office or for XP?I use XP with SP2 and I like it now I have got used to it, I have not tried to use my very old Office, I guess it is corrupt, any...[/quote]

BG, in all his infinite wisdom, has brought out another "patch" for Office 2003 and just to confuse issues has deemed to call it "SP2".....It's proving a real "sod" to install and when it does, can reap havoc on various systems...So I thought I would post a "warning" about it, so that if anyone was contemplating installing it...Perhaps they should think twice and wait for further "patches".