forgot to pay the france telecom phone bill

[quote user="searcher30"] forgot to pay the france telecom phone bill and they say they are adding a fee on the next bill of 10 euros . are they allowed to do this?

thanks in advance!

[/quote]

Hi

In the UK BT charge £10 in the same circumstances and they don't add it to the next bill - they are not that generous!

Sue

From my experience French organisations are quite quick at putting on the “late payment” penalty. I had one on a water bill some time ago. I have never had a red bill. I have received a few reminder letters from EDF without a “late payment” surcharge, but the water one was very quick (literally a couple of weeks after the bill, no reminders, no “red” bill, just a new bill higher than the previous one).

Ian

All part of the French way of life I'm afraid, and not uncommon as BJSLIV has already said. The amount of 10€ isn't much so I would just pay up and put it down to experience if I were you. It isn't worth losing any sleep over. If you are concerned that you might forget again then why not set up a direct debit ?  If you call into one of the FT shops with an RIB from your cheque book and an old FT bill, they will sort it all out for you.

10 - The moderators have been in contact with the originator of this post and have temporarily banned them from the forum and locked this thread until such time as they receive a satisfactory response after which the ban and lock may be removed.