French digibox + French tv set with existing dish

have tried to find an answer in previous threads but.......

am i right in thinking that if i have an existing dish set up to receive via a sky (subscription) digibox, replacing the sky digibox with a new french (non-subscription) digibox and into a new french tv set,  free english channels like the Beeb etc will automatically be receivable ?

profuse apologies if my patience let me down in searching for  a previous answer ........

You will not need to realign the dish or move anything but you may need to learn how to add channels to your box in order to get everything that is FTA. Link below should give details of frequencies, polirasation etc. if you need to add any. You will not be able to receive Channel 4 or Channels 5 which are still Free To View ( you need a Sky Digibox and Card, but not a current subscription) 

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html

[quote user="robotpierre"]

have tried to find an answer in previous threads but.......

am i right in thinking that if i have an existing dish set up to receive via a sky (subscription) digibox, replacing the sky digibox with a new french (non-subscription) digibox and into a new french tv set,  free english channels like the Beeb etc will automatically be receivable ?

profuse apologies if my patience let me down in searching for  a previous answer ........

[/quote]

I have written a bit more on another thread concerning an Optex one that I bought in Castorama.  Without going into all that, I can confirm that for testing purposes I brought it back to UK and plugged into my Sky setup here.  By changing its software language to English as I do struggle and the default satellite to Astra 2 it then "automatically" found the main channels we wanted.

george

many thanks for that link....

have had a subsequent thought, which ties in with a more recent thread too, which is to buy on ebay or wherever a second sky digibox and park it in france

but here is the question.....assuming when i go down with my properly paid-for sky card all works well, would it continue to receive the free-to-air channels (i.e. not my subscription channels) WITHOUT my card ????

any thoughts ?

<<

but here is the question.....assuming when i go down with my properly paid-for sky card all works well, would it continue to receive the free-to-air channels (i.e. not my subscription channels) WITHOUT my card ????

any thoughts ?  >>

You need a card even if the subscription has lapsed to decode C 4 and C5 .