Sending email via Outlook interupted by request for Wanadoo password

Can anyone help!!

Having spoken to others with Wanadoo accounts they have experienced similar problems. I use outlook and have 3 mail accounts set up. For the majority of the time all 3 are working OK.

I do not use Wanadoo's own programms as I prefer to use outlook for mail and explorer for my browser.

However the problem now is that when trying to send email an "insert your user name and password" dialogue box appears.

I do not use this and cant give the correct answer so I just give up.

Usually after a day or so it reverts to normal and I can send OK.

Am I missing something or is this a common Wanadoo problem?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Mike

www.peak-times.com

Wanadoo does get flaky at times.  You could probably retrieve your user name by going into the Tools/Accounts/Properties section of your Outlook program and see what you entered in the Outgoing Server settings dialog box when you originally added your Wanadoo account, but you may have to go to the Orange website to get them to send you your password again.  While there, you might check that your current settings for your outgoing server are correct.  Sometimes when these accounts get flaky, it helps to remove the account from Outlook and then add it again.

It's also possible that, if you have installed any MS patches lately, some of your security settings may have been changed by a patch.