Can the X wife find me in France!!!!

Funny enough I am happily married exactly 20 years today! but what I would like to know is can the english tax system trace and look at peoples private euro bank accounts in France. If you make a misake on your tax form in England, do they or can they check? Anyone with experience of this?

By the way, this was a topic of conversation in a bar last week, and the conclusion was, we were in no fit state to know or care by the time we were leaving...  Blink [blink]

You can bet your boots the Ex can find you if she really wants to - hell hath no fury and all that!  [6]

I know precisely where my Ex is, but unfortunately its not with The Bloke Downstairs jabbing a pitchfork in his backside  [6][6]

As to tax, well now things are getting all reciprocal due to Europe and all that,  I expect its on the cards that there will be some sort of agreement between the two countries.  Maybe Sarkozy will clarify this at some stage?   Anyway, you now have the excuse to go backt o the Bar for further discussions on this matter of great importance haha! [B]

Hi Tony, the subject line was a quick line while having the first coffee of the day with my lovely first and only wife..... But after it was posted, she was very interested to know if she could ever find me in france if I legged it. LOL

Our sense of humour has kept us together for 20 years... (heaven knows, it's not been my good looks)

The other subject started out with a British plumber, carpenter and retired gent in a French bar talking about tax. This went on to the subject of what bank was the best to be with in France and then to tracing their wealth from Britain......

My wife and I are early risers, (the kids are off school and so it's peaceful before they get up) I made the coffee and we had a 'French morning' here in England. She likes to know what I get up to while I'm working away and I told her about the other night in the bar..... At the same time we found this site and registered for the forum. The rest is history as they say.

I usually troll through another forum but this one looks quite good. I could settle in here, if you'll all have me?

Hello everyone I'm Brettonflyer, I travel too and from Brittany Normandy and UK regularly.

The implied question is quite clear: To what extent do the civil and probably authorities in UK and France cooperate to enforce the law of each country? The answer is much more than they used to particularly in direct financial matters. As regards matrimonial law, it is difficult to say. In the criminal field, there is now cooperation for major crime but I'm not sure how far down the chain this extends. Or whtehr they bother for small stuff.

But ex-wives can find you anywhere, like water finding weak spots through which to leak.

If you wish to be welcome here you have to understand that there are RULES which must be obeyed, like the ex-wife you are fleeing.

Yes. The actual question is......Could someones x wife find them if he left Britain, went over to France and rented a house? France is a big place, I certainly wouldn't know where to start, would you?

If the bloke wasn't in trouble, and made plain he was leaving for good, even the police wouldn't want to know...... He wouldn't be classed as a missing person.

My goodness, I didn't expect to write this, this morning.....

This is a topic, started in a bar. My missus always knows where i am, with a tracker on my vehicle......LOL

(is this a light hearted forum or a serious serious one? because I'm not in the mood to be too serious today)

[quote user="Brettonflyer"]

(is this a light hearted forum or a serious serious one? because I'm not in the mood to be too serious today)

[/quote]Rather depends which side of (whose) bed those on line got out of I guess!

Ex wives looking for errant husbands in France would do well to start by looking on here. 

Welcome, Brettonflyer, btw.  We need a few more posters with a soh, IMHO.

The contents of this post have been removed.
Users must not post messages which:

• Use the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by Archant

• Impede or disrupt the flow of the discussions in the Forum

• derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or companies, users of the Forum or not.

• Link to references or content not allowed under these guidelines

I don't know why people keep on about a non existant ex wife, but that is the OP's fault

The short answer to his question is YES, the French authorities require as part of the tax declaration a listing of all bank accounts held, to withold information is an offence. 

In the UK all banks are providing information on all accounts held abroad and in the UK to the UK HMRC and if the holder lives abroad and no tax is paid on the interest from these accounts in the UK the details are/will be passed to the relevant tax authority.  If the evasion of tax has been for a long time and involves significant evasion,  in France this is punishable by a Jail sentence.  Not that an amusing topic now is it?[:P]

Hi Ya Ron

I find humour in the darkest and gloomiest of topics. Especially when I pay my taxes properly.

This morning you bunch have done me a great service !!!

Thanks for the greeting Cooperlola, interesting picture of the car in your profile....what's the story there?

Now if I could find a few of these missing wives that Woolybanana is talking about, I could probably find a new passtime to

while away the hours i spend at rest between driving.

Dare I ask what age groups I am in, on this topic...?    I'm (cough) 43 (a very young 43 I must add)

Yeah, we are all young mentally, its just the wreckage of our youth holding us back !!   It's the aches and pains of that mis-spent youth that creep up unawares, then WHAM - before you know it you are thinking

"Stairlifts...................what a good idea!..............."

By the way, I am a teeny bit older than you - but in my head I am still 18 and loving life!  [:D]

.....and it's quite easy to find anyone in France if they have a phone line. That's if you really, really wanted to, or were owed lots of money!!! Unless they are Pearly Spencer's wife, that is.

Just means looking through every department in France on pagesblanches. Could anyone be bothered?

[quote user="zeb"].....and it's quite easy to find anyone in France if they have a phone line. That's if you really, really wanted to, or were owed lots of money!!! Unless they are Pearly Spencer's wife, that is.

Just means looking through every department in France on pagesblanches. Could anyone be bothered?[/quote]

I have no X wife/husband, but anyone would have a problem finding my name in any phone book as I am unlisted (liste rouge).

Brettonflyer

My avatar : Me and my mate in his Moggie, driving up the pit straight at LM, at 8 o'clock on the morning of the 2001 24 hour race.  A moment to remember.  Marvelous stuff.

Age group - add a decade to your own and you're nearly there.  Sometimes I get up and feel about 21 (usually when there are fast cars about!); sometimes 80 - but less of the latter since I retired over here.

I take your point - sometimes things are so depressing it's best to laugh about them or you'd want to jump out of a window some days.  Tracking down errant o/h's who fail to pay the bills seems like a good use of your spare time, certainly.  Make the b*st*rds pay, I say!

[quote user="woolybanana"]Clair, why?[/quote]

Why no X wife? because I did not find any girl I liked enough...[:D]

Why no X husband? because the current one is still OK![;-)]

Why unlisted? Because I like being choosy about who I give my tel number to...

I want to know what Dotty said that had to be deleted. [:-))] Dotty used to be such a nice, well-mannered girl... [:P]

But more relevantly, if one is looking for a person thought to be in France, I think it used to be possible at www.infobel.fr to use "whole of France" as the location search criterion.