hi

ok the wife sorted it today .    she unplugged the box by mistake and it now works .

you end up with 2 phone nos ,one for the free box phone and you keep your old nos for the other one .

dave

Just to be clear, if you have Free telephony but you are still paying a monthly line rental fee to France Telecom:

1. if your phone is plugged into the modem you can make free calls and your phone will receive calls on the new Free number, but you will not receive calls on your old FT number.
  2. if your phone is plugged into the FT socket (piggy-backed on the filter that Free provides and the lead that goes to your Free box) you can receive calls on your old FT number but outgoing calls will be at standard FT rates.
I think that if you are "dégroupé" then Free will also take your old FT number calls when your phone is plugged into the modem.  Mark - are you in dégroupage?  Can you confirm?

[quote user="Cassis"]Just to be clear, if you have Free telephony but you are still paying a monthly line rental fee to France Telecom:

1. if your phone is plugged into the modem you can make free calls and your phone will receive calls on the new Free number, but you will not receive calls on your old FT number.

2. if your phone is plugged into the FT socket (piggy-backed on the filter that Free provides and the lead that goes to your Free box) you can receive calls on your old FT number but outgoing calls will be at standard FT rates.

I think that if you are "dégroupé" then Free will also take your old FT number calls when your phone is plugged into the modem.  Mark - are you in dégroupage?  Can you confirm?

[/quote]

hi

ok sorry to but in on my own posting but there is a third option,,,, when you put in your phone nos to free to test if you can have adsl they will tell you if you are "degroupe" or "non degroupe " and give you the download and upload rate you can get , we are non degroupe and  can only get 608 thingywhotsits !!!  because of the distance to the nearest exchange box ,but it`s still gobsmacking lee faster than dial up they then give you the option of free box only or free box and phone ...you have to keep or pay the line rental on both of the options but with free box and phone "free" take over the phone call charges that you make on the ft line . I have made a few local calls by mistake on this phone rangeing from 1.5 mins to 30 mins and they have all been charged at 0.16c , it`s still as clear as mud to me whats going on , I just cannot belive yet that I have got free phone calls to the uk for nowt .

dave

Have you accepted Free's latest terms & conditions, if not you'll be paying local call rate for international calls (which is not bad, but not as good as free, eh?!).  I made the same mistake initially.

Also, we have two phones, one plugged in to the Freebox to make free calls locally, nationally and internationally (to specific countries) and a land line to receive calls on.  Note that if friends/relatives are also on Free, they can call you free (I think) from their Free n° to yours.

Good luck, hope you get sorted out soon.

Has anyone transfered their telephone provider totally to Free.fr?

A friend told me you can do this for a one-off payment of 18€ and save the bimonthly payment to FT. It sounds very tempting but I also heard that you may be without internet connection/telephone for up to a month while they sort it out. I was wondering if any member has actually done it and can give some feedback.

You would lose your phone connection if there is a power cut of course but the money you save would pay for a mobile phone.