Joining the Exodus from France?

Jura and Terry, why are you so agressive?  If you carry lots of negativity with you back to the UK or wherever, you certainly won't be happy there either.  Every day is a blessing wherever you live and if you are lucky enouth to be surrounded by the people you love then it is a double blessing.  That's my sermon for the day.  Jen

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Jura"]

Katy Kopy Kat/Just Katie... as someone who does not live here in France what advice, from experience, do you have to the contrary?. Where do you live in France?.

No Panda, I am not returning to Australia.

Yes I was Wen and am now Jura. Got bored with the former name. Hope that's ok with you all.

Got bored with France, that's all. Hope that's ok with you all.

If you think that France offers the be all and end all then I suggest you broaden your horizens. Because it does not.

Otherwise who gives a toss.

Freedom of choice still exists.[:P]

Terry 1956; wholeheartedly agree but your comments wont be popular here in 'we love France so why don't you-land'.

By the way, I loved Belfast..yes it is the UK but hardly any English people there...that's the difference.

[/quote]

Wen, why are you aiming this foul behaviour in my direction again?  I only asked you where you was moving to and wished you happiness.  Streuth Sheila !!

Also, whats your problem with English people?  I always thought most Australians descended either from them or Aborigines.

[quote user="oakbri"]

Yes several interesting views with people seeming to be in 2 distinct camps. Firstly the "France is great and slag off anyone who dares to say different" and the "I hate France, can't wait to leave"

[/quote]

You have missed the third, and possibly main group, namely those who love france and simply make no comment about anyone with opposing views.

If anyone has given the move here, their 'best shot' and it doesn't agree with them, then fine, go somewhere else. Pretty simple really.

JuraWen said

"If you think that France offers the be all and end all then I suggest you broaden your horizens. Because it does not."

Well JuraWen, thats just your opinion and as you're leaving, well.....................thank you and goodbye.

Well spoken, Bugsy.  Anyway, what right have you to suggest that I broaden my horizens?  For your information, I have lived in the Far East and in several different towns in the UK, Northampton, St Albans, Swindon, Chippenham, Bournemouth, Poole, Welwyn Garden City, Watford, Taunton, Bristol, Bridgwater, Port Talbot, Bridend, Porthcawl and I happen to speak 4 or 5 languages reasonably well (some better than others).  Can you claim the same?  If you can't, just don't try on that patronising tone of yours, please.

As for your short list of countries, I hope for your sake, that they would welcome you with open arms.

This is totally unlike me, but it's just so unnecessary to have a go at people on the forum just because they don't see things your way and, to have a go a Katie, why???

And, as it happens, yes, I do love France but I love the UK too and I would appreciate it if you would not slag off my favourite countries, OK?

I could say a lot of negative things about Australia but, of course, I won't because it's just bad manners, isn't it?[:P]

Soory bugbear, you are right.

I am surprised at some of the posts. I agree with you, if you tried it and it didn't work, then leave.

The people who post unpleasant replies to anyone who says they don' like it here may, as someone posted, be stuck here, as the happy people probably wouldn't bother to reply.

To say to people that if you think France is the be all and end all need to broaden their horizons is unbelievably arrogant. If you came to France and it fulfilled all your desires why would you need to look anywhere else.

Everbody has different boxes to tick when they look for a home. France hasn't ticked any of mine, but I am sure it meets many peoples requirements.

[quote user="Just Katie"]Sweet, Wilko et al.  Dont even bother to question Jura.  She often rants and is extremely rude to people.  When they question her on her actions she scurries off into the bushes.  If you cant hack it Wen, dont stir it up.,[/quote]Here here [:P]

When are people going to understand, or at least accept, that there's good and bad wherever you live. No need to be rude and aggressive about it - we're all free to go and live more or less where we want, and one country or area or lifestyle will suit one person and not another. Why the bitterness and argument all the time?

(I have a sneaky feeling some people posting on here have too much time on their hands[:D])

[quote user="raindog"](I have a sneaky feeling some people posting on here have too much time on their hands[:D])
[/quote]

Yes, raindog, it's lovely no longer having to go to work!  Mind you, you've no idea how much time some people have to spend on maintenance (themselves and their houses).  For example, I am no longer able to push a button to put on the central heating.  I now have to order wood at the right time, stack it all when it gets delivered, get the covers off on a fine day and let the sun and air get to it, make sure some is always out in the south facing corner of the garden drying off nicely prior to its being brought indoors, put on both our stoves at regular intervals and kept an eye on to make sure it's burning nicely.  Still on the subject of keeping warm, there are dry pine cones to gather and kindling to be chopped from bigger logs in order to start the fires, there are ash pans to empty and the ashes to be raked into the veg patch and so on and so on.  I don't want to send you off to sleep with boredom, however.  Besides, you might not have the time on your hands to read my post!  

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[quote user="raindog"](I have a sneaky feeling some people posting on here have too much time on their hands[:D])

[/quote]

Besides, you might not have the time on your hands to read my post!  

[/quote]

I'm lucky in that I work with my pc on, so although I don't have alot of time to post, it does mean that I can keep my eye on you lot most of the day!

I too have the wood gathering/drying, log splitting/stove lighting stuff to do + all my work[:(]

That was a nice post from you. Made me feel kind of warm and autumny. I like this time of year myself.

[quote user="raindog"][quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
. I like this time of year myself.

[/quote]

This time, summertime, wintertime, bedtime and dinnertime.  All the same in Wales, always raining.[:(]

[quote user="Just Katie"]

This time, summertime, wintertime, bedtime and dinnertime.  All the same in Wales, always raining.[:(]

[/quote]

LOL Katie - I will always remember picking up a box of lawn feed/weed treatment in a Cardiff garden centre - reading the instructions - " do not use when raining, or when rain is imminent" and thinking to myself - why are they selling that here then ?

rgds

Hagar

[quote user="Hagar"][quote user="Just Katie"]

[/quote]

LOL Katie - I will always remember picking up a box of lawn feed/weed treatment in a Cardiff garden centre - reading the instructions - " do not use when raining, or when rain is imminent" and thinking to myself - why are they selling that here then ?

rgds

Hagar

[/quote]

I have never seen that sort of thing sold in Wales.... We buy laverbread seedlings in B&Q and grow our own next to the rice patch. [:D]

Katie-whatever: So what are you doing spending precious time on a 'Living in France' forum my Welsh-dwelling dear?.

To whoever it was that asked...Canada and The Channel Islands are on our list. I am happy, just not settled here that's all. Just don't lump the Channel Isles in with the UK...they dont like that (like the Welsh) as I have gauged from the many I have met.

I certainly do not 'scurry off into the bushes'...there are none around here. I simply comment here and there and then move on to other things. Some of us here have to work for a living you know. I was not aware that after commenting I had to stick around to post a stream of retaliations. I leave that to others. [;-)]

[quote user="Jura"]

Katie-whatever: So what are you doing spending precious time on a 'Living in France' forum my Welsh-dwelling dear?.

To whoever it was that asked...Canada and The Channel Islands are on our list. I am happy, just not settled here that's all. Just don't lump the Channel Isles in with the UK...they dont like that (like the Welsh) as I have gauged from the many I have met.

I certainly do not 'scurry off into the bushes'...there are none around here. I simply comment here and there and then move on to other things. Some of us here have to work for a living you know. I was not aware that after commenting I had to stick around to post a stream of retaliations. I leave that to others. [;-)]

[/quote]

Hi Jura,

I spend my precious time on Living France to keep in touch with my dear friend Twinkle who lives in France.  I was unaware that Welsh dwellers could not join.  I will check the code of conduct again.

"I certainly do not 'scurry off into the bushes'

You did here. [:D]

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1045561/ShowPost.aspx

"I simply comment here and there and then move on to other things"

No Wen, you are a loud mouthed bigot and a bully who has no respect for other peoples feelings then, when the going gets tough, you get going.

"Some of us here have to work for a living"

Some of us here have to too.  I thought it was the end of the holiday season now.

"I leave that to others"

Exactly, stir it up and run away!

Oh and please dont go on about Welsh anti-British/English opinion.  I can assure you that the Welsh mainly want to remain part of the UK but that is a totally different debate.  I could harp on about what the Welsh really feel about the Aussies in comparison to the Kiwis but I will chose not to as I consider myself to be more polite than you.

[quote user="Jura"]

[/quote]

Jura

I can't comment on Canada (currently at looking moving there myself) but I have lived in Jersey. Although it is beautiful and has a great social life you may find it just as isolated as France. The main problem is the fact to do anything you have to get off the island. When I was there I found I had to get away every few weeks to keep me sane. Also, as I am sure you know, the housing laws in Jersey mean you can't buy a house, unless you are extemely well off or manage to get a "J cat" visa. There are a couple of other methods but the houses you can buy are way overpriced and a limited selection. Guernsey does have housing licenses, but I never lived there so I can't comment on how the system works.

Good luck in whatever you decide!!