Changing BBC 101?

Despite searching I can't find this, so:

A new Skybox and card have just been set up in our house and we are dismayed to find that our "default" BBC 101 is BBC1 Scotland.  Nothing against the Scots[:D] but their schedules are very different from the rest of the BBC1 world.

Can this be changed?

Any technical answers to contain words of one syllable max please!

Chrissie (81)

same here, we have ours 'programmed' to North West...where's that!!!!!!! Being ex southeners, all we seem to get on the adverts are 'sofa's, sofa's and more sofa's...with the odd Spam advert thrown in for good measure!!!! HELP PLEASE.

[:'(]

Our box is an old one given to us by a family member but we have about 7 regional versions of BBC1 including London on 101 and the others are, as said, between 971 - 988.  We also have a choice between BBC2 England, Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland.  All of these are on the usual Sky menu.  As we sometimes have reception problems we can skip between the channels and find that, for eg, if London is not coming through well, we can get good reception on North East.  You can use "Add Channels" to download the other channels but it can be a bit of a pain because we have not discovered how to make the new channels appear on the Sky menu.[:(]

[Chrissie wrote

A new Skybox and card have just been set up in our house and we are dismayed to find that our "default" BBC 101 is BBC1 Scotland.  Nothing against the Scots but their schedules are very different from the rest of the BBC1 world.

Can this be changed?

What about the ITV channels?  My Sky box defaults to ITV North West.  The only other ITV I can find on the EPG is ITV London.  Is it possible to add in ITV South West or South?  If it's possible what frequencies do I need?

Bernice

[quote user="Bernice"]  What about the ITV channels?  My Sky box defaults to ITV North West.  The only other ITV I can find on the EPG is ITV London.  Is it possible to add in ITV South West or South?  If it's possible what frequencies do I need?

Bernice

[/quote]

Try this link. http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html .  I am afraid that I am not very technical but using the info. on this site I have managed to add some channels, including ITV channels.  I am sure that one of the 'tech types' [:D]will be along soon to tell you how to do it.

Edit.  Just re-read your post and see that you want ITV South West.  I had added that channel to 'Other channels' but noticed about two weeks ago that I could no longer get it, I am presently mostly using Channel Islands.   Probably my dish is a bit squiff or something.

Switch on, select Favourites, page down through all the channels selecting the ones you want and save as you go. They are all listed somewhere. Sky boxes only allow you to save twenty channels whereas if you use a non-sky box you can save as many as you like. After that, as mentioned before, just use the blue button to scroll through.