Complete France Forum

Mobile PAYG SIM with FREE roaming

One of my regular suppliers sent me an e-mail with details of their new SIM card service - certainly worth a look for those of us in France - either permanently or coming for regular short breaks.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say it is almost better than having a French SIM card as it works on a PAYG basis, no expiry, no roaming charges and pretty cheap calls within France back to the UK.  Prices aren't spectacular for UK to UK calls, so I wouldn't consider it as a UK replacement unless you are a light user.

Apparently the website doesn't go live until Christmas day so presumably you won't be able to place an order until then.  I'll be ordering mine!

http://www.travelfone.co.uk

I've got nothing to do with this company, but I thought the service was so good I couldn't not recommend it.

Matt

That could be interesting for those of us living here who don't make a lot of calls - "emergency" users.

It says £29.95 for the card including £2 credit. 

Charges for calls within France (i.e. France to France) are then:

Receive a call FREE
Call a landline £0.29
Call a mobile £0.44
SMS text (outgoing) £0.20

Other charges:

Conference call £0.29
SMS text (incoming) FREE
Balance enquiry FREE
TopUp Credit FREE
Helpdesk Hotline FREE
Checking VoiceMail  FREE
Call set up (one time) FREE
Call Forwarding  

I am assuming these are prices per minute or part thereof.

I can't see anything about credit expiry - does it specify those terms somewhere?

[quote user="Cassis"]That could be interesting for those of us living here who don't make a lot of calls - "emergency" users.

I can't see anything about credit expiry - does it specify those terms somewhere?

[/quote]

I e-mailed them to ask as it doesn't specify on the website - there is no exipry period on the credit.

Yes - calls are a bit more expensive, but for occasional users the fact that it doesn't cost anything to receive calls makes it a perfect replacement for a French SIM.

Matt

Archived