AngloPack Broadband

Does anyboby use AngloPack bradband? This is part of Teleconnect and provides a broadband service with virtually everything In English at €29.90 per month with no m inimum engagement and free modem rental. and 2hours of free calls to Uk every month.

cooperlola

this is something i am having to investigate.  will we still have to use france telecom for our line and pay france telecom rental ON TOP of this anglopack provision?

when we had the works done for our fosse, we had conduits laid for tv and telephone at the same time.  however, we are not yet connected to these services as we are still awaiting connection by edf and, of course, our property is newly-acquired and we don't live there yet

thank you cooperlola

Yes, we do pay France Telecom for the line rental (30 euros a quarter) but I'm not sure what the broadband package includes.  This is the teleconnect site

http://www.teleconnectfrance.com/index.html

it may help you a little more.  Another useful little deal they have is an English phone number where UK callers can ring us cheaply - good to pass around your friends so they keep in touch!

We took up the Anglopack offfer from Teleconnect and are delighted with it. We opted to pay an extra 5 euros per month (on top of the 29.90 monthly fee) and now get FREE calls to the UK. We are able to use our web cam now, which we were unable to do using the dial-up system we had, and it is wonderful to be able to see and hear our seven month old grandson. Had a few teething problems with the set up - mainly our fault as we didn't have enough electric sockets. Bought a wireless thingy and hey-ho - everything works beautifully. Would highly recommend the pack.

thanks cooperlola and mayennaise.  will be able to sort it all out in the spring, i hope.  it's so good to have first-hand info, that is people who have actually used the system.  i am naturally nervous about virtually everything to do with our proposed FINAL move.  well, not nervous so much as wanting to keep mistakes to a minimum!