Orange Mobile - Need help

Hi, I am trying to contact an english speaking customer services representative to discuss changes to our contract regarding our mobile phone account. As is the norm (i think) each person we talk to gives us conflicting advice. It has become a major mission now to get it sorted.....does anyone out there have a telephone number and name of someone who we can talk to, our french just isn't comprehensive enough to get our needs/comments across so they have to speak english.

Thanks

The English speaking phone number for France Telecom has been noted on this website.  It is  0800 364775 .  You might try calling them to ask if there is a similar help number for Orange.  Otherwise, if you wait, someone here might post a number.

You need to be careful. Orange have a Customer Services number but it is a "charged for" call costs depend on you contract (or 0,15€ per min if on a landline). They do have some people there who can speak English - ask and if the person is cooperative then they might try and find somebody for you.

However, how successful you are will depend on what you are after and if it's your lucky day. Last time I called their customer services I spent over an hour and in the end they gave-up and said "it could not be done". As it was a simple request (that they had fully understood) I visited the France Telecom shop and they then did it in 20 seconds. However, everytime I have visited a France Telecom shop to get something done they do it but their either do it wrong or do something else equally undesirable as well (so you end-up no better off !!).

I've not tried the France Telecom English speaking line for anything to do with Orange mobiles - but seems that these days they are totally limited to dealing with billing enquiries.

If you have no success elsewhere you might find the France Telecom shop a good way forward. If you go there when they are not to busy they will tend to persevere to try and get you sorted. If you want them to sort of something they are unlikely to do (e.g. cancel a contract before it is completed) then go there when they are busy (e.g. Sat afternoon). They wont like you for it but it's a shop and they also don't want Mr. Angry putting of other customers when the SFR (or other) shop is just opposite !!

Ian

Oh you are so right, your message just brings it all back. We did try France Telecom shop, they told us to ring service cliente, a really 'helpful' lady phoned us back, she said that as we were cancelling the contract (which we could do as their terms and conditions state that if you move abroad or become incapacitated you have the right to cancel)

She asked us to write in and send a english contract of employment as proof we were returning to the UK, we said we are returning for family reasons not work, she said that's Ok send a utility bill instead and it will be cancelled toute de suite.

So we did send a utility bill and sent it (as requested) avis de reception (registered post) and thought, wehey, sorted. we then cancelled our DD to them with Credit Agricole after the next payment coz we knew they would expect the remainder of that month's rental.

So far, so good....NA....

We then started getting letters from them (sent to France not the UK even though we aren't there anymore) saying we were behind with our payments (obviously we hadn't been using the phone anymore) so each time we tried to respond by phoning the premium rate line and explaining to them that we had cancelled.....NA CHANCE MATEY (or whatever the french translation of that is). 3 months on - at least 12 calls on they are still billing us the rental, and the last very rude chap we spoke to said that they themselves had now cancelled it for non payment but they will still contiinue to bill us til July 07 but will not re-instate the line and have threathened to blacklist us if we don't effectively pay for a service we actually no longer have......WOW....I run customer service seminars and am thinking of using this as a classic case study as to how not to treat customers.

Ah well, we now have the name of Orange Fr Directrice de la relation clients so we are about to write a letter to her...who knows there could be someone in their organisation who 'gives a damn'

Will keep you posted...[8-)][8-)]

Andy,

I presume French mobile phone contracts work the same way as UK networks - When you took out the contract you would have committed to a minimum term of 12 / 18 / 24 months, and in return you would have got a handset either free or at a subsidised price and so many minutes / texts per month.

Have you completed the minimum term?  If not, I would imagine if you want to terminate early then you would have to pay the monthly rental for the remaining months of your contract.  Is this why they want you to pay until July?

The networks would lose money if they let customers end contracts early without penalty.