British with NZ citizenship

Hi, we are considering a move to France and had thought this should be 'relatively straight forward' as we are British. However we haven't lived in England for 51/2yrs - been out here in New Zealand where we also now have NZ citizenship (as well as our British citizenship). Now we don't know who we are!!!!!

Does anyone know whether we are classed as EU or non-EU residents and how this is going to affect us?

Your replies will be much appreciated

Many Thanks

I don't think you will have any problem as you will simply use your UK passport for everything official.  You have not lost your British citizenship just because you lived in NZ for so long. I also have NZ citizenship and passport but I did live in UK for 25 yrs before coming to France.  However  NZ has an Embassy in Paris (you can google it) and they were v helpful when I wrote to them recently (about something completely different) so I am sure they will give definitive advice.

Shouldn't be a problem. I was born in England but lived in Australia for 8 years and became an Australian citizen. My wife who is born and bred in Australia only got a British passport 8 years ago (due to her father being English). She had only ever been out of Australia a few times before we upped sticks and moved over to France. Just walked straight into France on our British passports, no problems at all. Been here just over 2 years.

If you come over to live, make sure you get your driving licence changed from NZ to a French one within a year. We didn't know this and now my wife has to take a French driving test because we have been here too long. Crazy logic! Fortunately I kept my British driver licence as well as my Aussie one so I can still drive.