Help with Software Program

I have a 3D Garden Design program which I brought ages ago, but I can't get it to work on my new PC.  The platform for the program is Windows 95/98, but I am now using XP.  Is there anything I can do to make my system think it is working in Windows 98, just for this program.  I don't really want anything else affected.

Any ideas?

Thanks Cat

I'll try that out tomorrow.  Weather has been so good today, I haven't been on the PC much, but I will definately give it a try.  We've been knocking down the "spooky" house in front of our house today and I want to draw up some plans for a raised terrace area. 

I'll let you know how I get on.

Hi

I had this programme a couple of years ago (?an earlier version).  It was by Broderbund.  I LOVED the information in it but had trouble using it on my then Windows98 computer.  It seemed to affect other programmes and I ended up binning it and having to reinstall Win98.  This is almost certainly due to my incompetence but you might be wise to make sure you can restore to a pre-installation date, just in case.

Have fun

Chrissie (81)

I've got it's twin sister, the Broderbund 3D Home Designer.  It's years old, being designed for Win 95/98, but still runs on Windows XP. There should be a "read me" file installed in the same folder as the program itself, that lists the settings that the program uses for screen resolution and font size, and might also mention DirectX6.0.  Changing the compatibility setting for the program as I suggested in my previous mail should reset these to their correct settings for the program.

The only problem with it for me now is that it's no longer possible to download elements from their website as the program is no longer in production [:(]