I still haven't decided whether or not to get the Livebox, but I do have another quick question.  My employer is giving me a laptop, and told me to find out if it could be hooked up to the Livebox through a LAN connection.  Since I have no idea what a LAN connection is, I have no clue where to start looking, and am hoping that there is a computer expert out there who will be able to help!

[quote user="samdebretagne"]I still haven't decided whether or not to get the Livebox, but I do have another quick question.  My employer is giving me a laptop, and told me to find out if it could be hooked up to the Livebox through a LAN connection.  Since I have no idea what a LAN connection is, I have no clue where to start looking, and am hoping that there is a computer expert out there who will be able to help!
[/quote]

Not a computer expert, but a LAN is a local area connection (= your home computer network).

Here's where Google can help, for info on LAN connection via Livebox :

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=LAN+connection+via+Livebox

General info on LANs:

http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/lan/lanintro.html

Hope that helps keep you going until the experts kick in.

[quote user="samdebretagne"]

PS. I'd tried googling Livebox LAN connection, but didn't find anything useful...guess I just didn't have the right word combination!

[/quote]

The word combination on Google.fr is Livebox reseau local. Here's a search result - you'll find the "official version" if you click on Orange. [;-)]

sam, before you get the Livebox, you might want to read some of the other threads about using Livebox.  I don't have one myself (only a Sagem modem), but I found the Orange software that installed with it to be so troublesome that I finally uninstalled the software and configured the modem connections manually.

I know that I've read elsewhere in this forum that many people have found themselves in a similar situation with an Orange-supplied Livebox, and I'm sure I've read threads about using it without using the installation disk.