Someone's attacked Sky

I'm just letting off steam!!!  We arrived back at our home in France after 6 weeks away, to find that the Sky lead is no longer attached to the dish.  My assumption is that someone has cut it with a knife.  The twist fastening is also gone, and the dish was at a funny angle.  Now, I originally blamed a bird, but it took an awful lot of yanking to get the dish back to normal degrees of (whatever) to make contact.  I'm going  to have to 'make do' with electrical tape to keep everything neat, tidy and dry. 

Has anyone else ever had this problem, as we have never had any problems up until now.

M

This may sound crazy but when we had the snow fall recently and last year the snow lay heavily on the roof, when it started to thaw some of it came down with the sound and final crash of an avalanche (quite steep roof here in the Lot) it managed to bend out of shape the galvanised gutter so if the dish is in the path of something like this it could easily do the damage that you describe.

best regards

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/dago49/Dago3.jpg[/IMG]

but maybe not steal the connector[;-)]

[quote user="MargaretD"]

I'm just letting off steam!!!  We arrived back at our home in France after 6 weeks away, to find that the Sky lead is no longer attached to the dish.  My assumption is that someone has cut it with a knife.  The twist fastening is also gone, and the dish was at a funny angle.  Now, I originally blamed a bird, but it took an awful lot of yanking to get the dish back to normal degrees of (whatever) to make contact.  I'm going  to have to 'make do' with electrical tape to keep everything neat, tidy and dry. 

Has anyone else ever had this problem, as we have never had any problems up until now.

M

[/quote]

A client of mine had a similar problem - someone removed his $ky LNB & chopped the cable. I assumed that it was him (the client), as I find it difficult to believe that someone would steal an LNB that will only fit a $ky dish - the thief must have been a Brit...

As an answer about kids - yes, there are two adorable boys (!) who have thrown fireworks, wrecked the post box and caused other damage.  Their fathers are always on the case and usually I only hear of damage when the dads show how they have repaired said letter box, etc.  French dads are great!

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

[quote]

as I find it difficult to believe that someone would steal an LNB that will only fit a $ky dish - the thief must have been a Brit...

[/quote]

Actually almost any LNB will fit any dish/box

[/quote]

By "Sky dish"  I, like Nick, assume that the OP is talking about a 45cm black mesh minidish, in which case Nick is correct. LNBs for these dishes utilise a different spigot type mounting to fix it to the arm. This is different from the type of mounting required for the readily available ugly 80cm dishes here in France for which any old universal LNB should be fine.