Calling any Teleconnect users!

Anyone using Teleconnect? I am just about to change to this server, so before takng the plunge, has anyone using this service, any comments, good or bad, to say about it? I have not had good experiences of Tiscali or Wanadoo, so maybe this time, third times lucky!

Am very anxious to hear! Thank you!

I've been with teleconnect since they launched the broadband service without problems; what were your other problems - if they are technical with the line then you will not be out of the water by switching to teleconnect as they use exactly the same technology (ie same line, same exchange, etc)

Hi Barrym,

No big problem with Wanadoo other than only 516 gb speed  and failure to be able to telephone and be on line at the same time.One other thing that jars, they have been charging me 29.95 for a year and then without any explanation, they are now taking 39.95 on my prelevement.

So it is time for a change. I understand that all the instructions and help lines are in English! Thanks for your mail!

Regards. lautrec.

• 2 weeks later...
You can have WiFi with any broadband service. The broadband is the bit to your phone socket, the WiFi is the bit that you plug into it. If you plug a modem in it will not have WiFi, but if you plug a WiFi modem/router into it then you will have WiFi.

Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply

I suppose I really mean does it come with a wifi modem or not like the old Cegetel modem or the current Freebox.

If it does not is it the case that a wifi router is connected (by a network cable say) and the wifi functionality follows the router? 

I am actually looking for the best/cheapest option to set up wifi in a gite I am looking after. Also seeing if it would be cheaper to cancel after the 3 month rental period and start again the following year. I have been looking at the main options and doing the numbers which puts Teleconnect in a favourable position.

Thanks again

Bill

Bill, If you were to purchase a modem/router such as a Netgear 834 from www.cdiscount.com, it would connect to the power supply and to the phone socket. Any PC can then plug into it via an RJ45 (network) cable or use a WiFi card, or WiFi USB stick to communicate to the modem/router. The Netgear would then be yours and you could use it with any ISP that offers broadband and you will have WiFi all the time.

I cannot tell you what equipment comes with any provider except that AOL in the UK supply a Netgear 834. Here in France, Orange offer a Livebox, which you rent for €3 per month, but many people go for a Netgear instead.