Oh help someone please!!!!!

I have switched the computer on this morning and everything is shouting at me. The screen is huge, so big in fact that I can only type/read 10 words at a time , the heading and back/forward arrows are about the size of a 2 cent piece, I have tried messing with font size but all that has done is made the bit i am reading minute but the page stays Massive............As it goes at the moment I could probably read the screen from the other end of the room! It feels like when I have had new glasses and everything becomes clearer[:-))]

I presume your are running Windows XP, if so try the following:

Method 1: Put your mouse arrow in a clear part of the screen and RIGHT click. A menu box will appear, slect PROPERTIES, another menu box will appear, select SETTINGS. This will show the screen settings your computer is using. Change the settings to e.g. 1024 x 768 and then click APPLY. However, you may not be able to see the APPLY button so try method 2:

Restart the computer and as soon as it starts to restart (BEFORE you see the Windows screen) press F8 (function key 8) several times. This will eventually show a screen with several options, select the option VGA settings mode - or similar, this will start the computer in a 'known good' display mode and then you can go to method 1 above.

If this doesn't work, then you have a deeper problem and you might want to talk to a good computer engineer

HTH

Tim

Thank you so much for the detailed reply, I got to the part where the pixel size is shown and it was at the lower end, when I tried to drag the slide along to get it to the middle or higher end it will not drag. Any other suggestions/solutions to this?

Are you sure your PC has not entered 'Safe mode' due to a fault?  You might want to look in the control panel under System for any device driver failures (or hardware faults)  Then of course there's a whole raft of malware out there that could do this.  I presume firewall/virus/spyware are up to date?

Have you resolved this yet, Opas?

If you are unable to move the screen size slider, it sounds as though the issue is with the driver - unless, as someone has suggested, you are in Safe Mode.

If it is a driver issue (corruption etc) you should be able to download the driver from the manufacturer and then install it.

No, I havn't worked out what is wrong yet, I cannot spend enough time on here to do it. My eyes are driving me mad and my arms arn't long enough to control the mouse from a comfortable distance[Www]

Iam working through the suggestions, the Driver is next on the list.

Thanks to all who are trying to help and will tell you what the problem is .

No, I havn't worked out what is wrong yet, I cannot spend enough time on here to do it. My eyes are driving me mad and my arms arn't long enough to control the mouse from a comfortable distance[Www]

Iam working through the suggestions, the Driver is next on the list.

Thanks to all who are trying to help and will tell you what the problem is .