Photographs on computer

I want to E-mail just a photograph I HAD somewhere on my computer, can't find it now exept on a word document. How can I lift the picture from the word document to be able to E-mail it, right clicking the photo doesn't bring up the 'save picture as' option, anybody any ideas?

BobW 

As you know I'm not a PC person, and that sort of thing really is easier on a Mac, but I got a new Dell at work recently, and that seems to default to putting pic in My Pictures. On other machines I've resisted that and made my own folders, but it really seems to work quite well. Mind, I've only a few pictures so far.

The little bit of MS-DOS that I remember tells me that *.*jpg is meaningless. It would have to be *.jpg etc, the second asterisk means that it will search for ALL files, as someone said earlier. *.* made sense years ago when we thought we were cool with 20Mb hard drives...

Dick/Debra

*.* jpg finds all files with a .jpg extension not just those with a deb. xxx. .jpg format

I have used the  *.* for searching for years at work when I was section IT manager and at home,  and I can assuire you that it does not find any other files than the file extension that you put after the *.*  Not sure how a Mac works, but as word is written in DOS the same way as it was years ago, why should it have changed?  Try it if you don't believe me.[:)]

In fact it searches for all files with "*.* jpg" in the file name, which is what I would expect - and it wouldn't have worked in DOS because there were only 3 character file name extensions.  I'd paste a copy of the search screen to show you but I can't work out how to on here!

It might not make sense Debra but it works.   I use it all the time. With XP and its shared documents and folders it puts things all over the place.

Its not *.* on its own that you put in, that brings up all files.  In the case in point you put in *.* jpg.  Go to your XP search facility, in file name,  type *.* followed by the type of file extension that you want to find  bmp, jpg, doc, gif, xls ,wps, etc.  Please try it and you will see it only finds the type of file that you are looking for.

Debra,

my reply was to Ron.

I was just (jokingly) suggesting that he stick to his particular trade which according to his profile is 'safety' or security as I described it.

One of the downsides to forums is the input of eager amateurs who venture into professional arenas.

The result is (sometimes) inaccurate information.

Alfa.