Hi there

We have just signed up with free.fr for broadband and unlimited phonecalls and are waiting for the modem which should be here today.  We are non-degroupage so will have to continue to pay FT for the line.  We have had an email from free.fr and we are not sure what we have to do in the control panel regarding the set up of the phone calls etc.  Do all phone calls have to go through VOIP to be free as somewhere it mentioned carrier pre-select.

We have used a translation tool on the emails, but still are not sure exactly what (if anything) we need to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Miszter (and OH!) 

[quote user="miszter"]

Do all phone calls have to go through VOIP to be free as somewhere it mentioned carrier pre-select.

[/quote]

all VOIP calls are made through the modem router box, so that means through the phone plugged in to the modem. Carrier pre-select is different and implies non VOIP calls made from a phone plugged directly in to the phone socket on the wall.( I am guessing)

Can you post the email text here so we know what they are saying. We should be able to work it out if you do that

Danny

Not to 'worry you' or put you off but I've got friends going through one mammoth battle with Free.fr ...

They've managed to take over 700euros out of their bank account in a year and the ADSL has never worked ...

A long story, but do watch what's happening with your bank account!  Interestingly when going online to see other consumers ADSL complaints most of them in 11 are against Free.fr!

Hi

You log in http://subscribe.free.fr/login/login.pl with - phone no @freeadsl with your password

I think under GESTION DE MES SERVICES DE TÉLÉPHONIE will be where you can choose and setup your freebox phone number you will need to choose a number and it will become active within 24hrs, as I have already set this up i'm not sure what options I had prior maybe Gérer le référencement de mon numéro de téléphone Freebox dans l'annuaire

In my experience when we recieved the box it took a few hours before ADSL kicked in, just set it all up and waited.

Lee