Hi

We have a house in Manche, and are able to pick up the analogue tv signals from Jersey, so we can watch all of our usual programs we watch at home. When the analogue signal is turned off in the Uk, dose that include Jersey ?  Also does anyone know if Jersey is digital yet, and if so will it be possible to pick up the digital signal if we take a digital box /tv to France?  Thanks and appreciate any advice. [:D]

Yes,  Fremont Point will be converted to digital eventually,  but isn't at the moment as there are no spare channels.   So it has to wait until after France has gone completely digital.   I don't think it'll be until 2011 or 12.

You beat me to it Anton!

More here

http://www.ukfree.tv/shutdowndetail.php?tx=XD908280

Hi

I have just picked up a satalite dish and reciever from lidl, I'd seen it advertised as portable unit for use by campers and caravaners but at a shade off £60 I decided to give it a try for france, comes with positioning details including for France to get GB channels  and includes everything you need to get connected, just connect, position and turn on, it's not freeview but picks up the FTA channels which includes most of the major channels but at the moment not channel 4or5 but their web site says it wont be long

Dave   [8-|]

who's website?   Channel 4?

Glad there's another satisfied FTA customer.   But beware in the UK of Lidl Freeview DTT boxes,  they are not entirely to the UK spec,  and won't do teletext,  interactive,  or indeed put the channels in the approved numbering order.

But I'm a great fan of LIDL!