USB Freeview DVB TV Stick

Can sombody please tell me if these "Watch Freeview  on your Laptop " TV sticks are what the adverts make them out to be ...or as I suspect  ...as much good as a chocolate tea pot.....They offer a lot from such a small ariel  and such a small amount of money ....less than £15 some of them ....I have looked at the  Total Media one adverts .....they say the image you see is exactly as transmitted ..  anybody got one ?

Well, if you are 'line of sight' to a TNT equipped transmitter it may work - otherwise it's pretty much like any other piece of radio/television equipment - it's only as good as it's antenna.

P.S. I've replied to this assuming that you're in France - nevertheless, the same applies if you're in the UK, just substitute TNT for Freeview.

Tim

I have used an Avermedia USB system at home, it didn't receive anything downstairs and upstairs only received a few channels which kept breaking up. Using the normal house aerial tho' was a lot better with all channels available and with good clarity.

I took it about 50 miles away to a friends house and got excellent results using the little included aerial. That is where the system stayed !

So the answer to the question is, as usual, it depends how far from the transmitter you are and what is in the way, trees, houses, mountains etc.

Cheers

Thanks for your comments ......went mad and splashed out nine quid on Ebay....and got one that works fine with the roof ariel in . as I am on the edge of the signal from the Isle of Wight transmitter .. I have got all the channels  I want ....and the picture quality is great . 63 channels including the radio ones .According to the software..... it works world wide .... just have to select the country from the list click on it.... then it will  search for the channels ......dont know what will happen in France  on the stubby ariel that comes with it ...so have bought a TV / FM 3way splitter to get the signal from the roof ariel   so I am expecting the French "Freeview " on the laptop  while my OH watches what  Marlon Dingle is up to on the Sky box ......there is no make on the one I got it just had  "DVBT USB  Dongle" on the card its all shrink wrapped onto with   Taiwan Technology as the maker ......I should think  they they are all very much the same ....cant complain for what I got it for .