French sim not working

Hi Guys,

I am having problems with my French Orange sim card not working in the Uk. Has anyone had this problem , never had this before.Arrived yesterday ,worked for 20 mins just as i came out the euro tunnel and when i got to London it keeps saying insert sim card.

This is a pay as you go phone, it worked fine in Italy a couple of months ago

Hope some one can help

Regards

Paolo

Hi

I have tried my girlfriends French Pay as you go  in mine and it works fine.Her sim is about 1 month old were as mine is nearly two years old.I have tried my sim in her phone and it picks up Orange but turns of if someone rings me or i try to dial out .

Seems like there is a problem with sim maybe

Regards

Paolo

Hi There,

No, I topped it up before comming to the UK.

Would there be such a thing were they have put a block on  the sim card so it does not work in the Uk and i have to unblock it

Regards

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

When used in the UK, your French network mobile / SIM should pick up the strongest available network in the place you are in.  In theory it could change from one street to another.

You say that “it picks up Orange….”  Does it ever show O2 or Vodafone or T-Mobile at any time?

One thing you could try is setting your mobile to “manual network selection”.  It will search for available networks and you should get at least the above 3 plus Orange.  Manually select (for example) O2 and try making a call.

If this doesn’t work I think your only option is to contact Orange France as you have verified that it is your number or SIM that is at fault by trying your girlfriend’s SIM in your phone.