internet plus illimited telephone

hi

we are having problems finding a service that offers both broadband and unlimited telephone.  We have had problems with one-tel with whom we had only the phone.  We subscribed to cegetel for the telephone and intermet, ontel continued to take around 5 euros for about 7 months.  When challenged they asked me to send a registered letter which stopped the direct debits but no refund or apology was forthcoming.  Cergetel bills have been expensive and upgrading to neuf box looks appealing, unfortunately a friend tells us he has had mega problems with neuf box, they have been charging him for an unlimited relephone service.  I've just found free on the internet, but am reluctant to procede.  Can anyone endorse a service that provides free internet with unlimited phone calls.

[quote user="bigears"]

hi again

unfortunately alice telephone calls don't include new zealand.

[/quote]

You are right. If that is important to you then it is included with http://adsl.free.fr/ and www.neuf.fr
However, if you want international voip calls with Neuf, you must give up the FT line. This is not the case with Free. Free is also the cheapest for this kind of deal and has 2.6 million subscribers so they can't be totally crap...I have not used them myself so I can't personally recommend them. My feeling is that they put their money into the latest technology but they are less keen on the customer service front when things go wrong.

Danny

[quote user="cheminot"]If you subscribe to free.fr do you have to write to FT to cancel your telephone or internet (livebox) or do they do this for you? cheminot[/quote]

It depends what you mean...
if you have an internet subscription (livebox or other) then yes, you have to write to Orange and cancel the subscription. Usually by lettre recommandé, one month in advance.

If you just have an ordinary telephone line with FT, you do not need to contact them at all.

If you subscribe to Free.fr - freebox only, then you will no longer have a normal FT phone line and all calls and any other traffic will be through Free
If you subscribe to Free.fr - non dégroupé, you will continue to have and pay 16 euros a month for the FT line.

In either case, you need not contact FT/Orange unless you have an existing internet subscription.

Danny

hi danny

thanks for your reply, is it true for all non degroupe areas using any company, you still have to pay the monthly abonnement to france telecom?  Reading throug the literature for neuf it looks as if you do not.  I already have cegetel and want to upgrade to neuf,  will I have to cancel cegetel myself via a letter or will it be done automatically behind the scenes.  Are they not the same company, just a newer product. 

[quote user="bigears"]

hi danny

thanks for your reply, is it true for all non degroupe areas using any company, you still have to pay the monthly abonnement to france telecom?  Reading throug the literature for neuf it looks as if you do not.  I already have cegetel and want to upgrade to neuf,  will I have to cancel cegetel myself via a letter or will it be done automatically behind the scenes.  Are they not the same company, just a newer product. 

[/quote]

Bigears,

you can choose to keep or not to keep the FT line with Neuf, Alice, Free etc. Advantages - save 16 euros per month.

Possible disadvantages - no phone service if modem packs in - no one can call you! ...possible voip call quality issues for some...maybe some other things too...

Don't know about the change from Cegetel to Neuf. If you are interested, call up Neuf and ask. Go to their website and you will see a link on the right to "parlez à un conseiller" fill in the details and they will call you back.

Remember, if you want to go with Neuf, you must give up the FT line and go 'adsl nu' with them to get the unlimited voip calls wordwide. Otherwise, it is just to land lines in France.

Danny