Dying because of outbound email to hotmail accounts

As I have got to the stage of pulling my hair out I thought that i would seek help from members who may have experienced the same problem with outbound email (via outlook) to Hotmail accounts that is being rejected. It is getting to a stage where it is beginning to impact the business in that I can no longer contact certain customers using Hot-mail accounts.

I have successfully without problem exchanged email with these customers , however now I am repeatedly receiving mail delivery failure notifications either due to anti span/phishing or on my last notification blocked due to complaints (not from the recipient I hasten to add).

My ADSL connection is with Wanadoo where I use their SMTP account for my outbound email.

I am running McAfee Security Centre which is up to date

I am at a loss as to how to resolve this problem therefore any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Many thanks for the quick response. Before I go ahead and try this (i am happy about how to make the changes) can I confirm the authentication steps. Is this a password that i set up, or should this be the original one that I had when I had the ADSL connection installed. If the latter I may have a problem as I no longer have it and I do not use Orange's own software for browsing and mail.

This problem keeps popping up - although I'm not in the position of loosing business over it, it is annoying issue.

I took the easy way out - that's me all over - I went to Yahoo and opened an e-mail account there (free) then if I get a message sent to a Hotmail account returned I resend via Yahoo. You can set up the Yahoo account to work via POP 3 the same way that the Orange one does so you can continue to use Outlook, or in my case Windows Mail on this vista laptop. When you write your message you can choose which account you want to send the e-mail from.

Just another option to consider.

Tim

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]That will work but for a business it doesn't look very professional to have a mail sent from [email protected] or similar.  You want your own domain name in the email address or it just looks like another spam and will end up in the receiver's junk folder.[/quote]

I agree - I suppose I was lucky - I got the same same Yahoo.co.uk address as my  Orange one - when I have to send from the Yahoo one no-one has even noticed the difference.

[quote user="Breton Networks"]

I assume you have your own domain, if so, why not use that SMTP server for outgoing mail ?

[/quote]

Sorry BN you are confusing me, domains don't have SMTP servers, outgoing mail uses the SMTP server your ISP allocates.  You can set your POP3 incoming server to the domain name associated with your hosting account, however to send mail it can only be done using the default server configuration supplied by your service provider.

Regards

[quote user="tel"]

Sorry BN you are confusing me, domains don't have SMTP servers, outgoing mail uses the SMTP server your ISP allocates.  You can set your POP3 incoming server to the domain name associated with your hosting account,[/quote]

It probably depends on who your host is, but if you have a POP3 mail box there is normally a SMTP server to go with it. If not I suggest you change your host :-)

We have our own server & all the 80 or so domains hosted on it have an SMTP server associated with the domain.

[quote] however to send mail it can only be done using the default server configuration supplied by your service provider.Regards[/quote]

Apart from the recent fiasco with Wanadoo/Orange blocking port 25 traffic, whereby the alternative SMTP port had to be used, that's not true, you can use any SMTP server you have (password) access to.