Computer/Microsoft problem

Hi Folks.I keep getting a "freeze everything " box when Im on the ,net saying "stack overload"!!! What does this mean and how do I get round this frustrating anomaly.I have to come out of Explorer-with difficulty and start again.Very  mais oui,donc,alors!!!!!Maude

Also sounds like your riddled with adware/spyware, you might even be a Netbot.  Next time you get the message have a look on Task Manager under Processes and see what odd things might be running.  Run a full scan for virus/adware/spyware from an up to date checker and make sure the firewall is turned on.

Oh yeah, and as was said above, get Firefox !

I've followed (for some years) the advice to use Firefox,  and whilst it is mostly very good there are certain things it WILL not do - at least not in my hands.

For instance I cannot get it to play Arrow Classic Rock   (http://www.arrow.nl/services/onlineradio_rock.php);   I assume it's missing a plug in but it can't be bothered to tell me what's wrong so I can't be bothered to try and find out.   Same problem on three different computers.   Likewise Wendy couldn't use Firefox on one particular website to order embroidery stuff.

I don't use IE much but sometimes one simply has no choice.

In fairness to Firefox,  I ought to report that I thought I'd just check that it still wasn't working on Arrow Classic Rock.

Well for reasons far beyond my powers of comprehension both computers to hand DO now work faultlessly with it.   They didn't a couple of weeks ago.

Which is jolly odd.

[quote user="maude"]Hi Folks.I keep getting a "freeze everything " box when Im on the ,net saying "stack overload"!!! What does this mean and how do I get round this frustrating anomaly.I have to come out of Explorer-with difficulty and start again.Very  mais oui,donc,alors!!!!!Maude[/quote]

Have you tried googling the exact wording of the error message?

The other things Firefox won't (yet) do is run 'BBC.co.uk/radio4/listen again' without crashing, or run www.egg.co.uk/moneymanager. When I wrote to Egg asking why it didn't work, and when I might expect it to, I got a very sniffy reply!

Were it not for these two I'd dump IE completely; v.7 has to be the most tempremental yet !

p

Me too.  I listen to 'Listen again' all the time using Firefox and never had a moments trouble.

I also tried 'Arrow'  which worked fine too, in fact I liked it so much I saved it to my bookmarks - thanks Martin.

I can only think that a failure to display/open a site correctly is due to missing components on the PC (like Realplayer or a plugin)not the fault of Firefox at all.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]I also tried 'Arrow'  which worked fine too...[/quote]

I have tried that too but cannot listen to it with FF (missing plugin, which FF cannot find). However, I simply used the IE simulator within FF to listen to it without any further problem.