TV & #Satellite near Rochechouart

I have just fitted a local parabole numerique (digital sat dish), complete with furnished LNB, for a total of 90 euros.  I fitted the dish at head height, no falling off ladders for me, with fitting plus setting up taking less than 45 mins.  All you need is somebody looking at the system signal strength and quality on the sat box - no strength meter and no hassle.  I fitted the sat dish plus 2 cables cos the local shop said it would be less expensive to just align the dish (doh) and decided to sort the complete job out myself.  Easy peasy lemon squeasy.

[quote user="writersblock"]

Thanks for that - where would you recommend buying the dish and box from?  We have one here in UK but have been told that won't work.

[/quote]

I bought my dish, wall bracket (both aluminium so no unsigthly rust marks unlike sky brackets) and lnb from Tele Clinic in Melle (Dept 79) - very helpful folk.  Any parabole numerique should do the job - most have info in english.

[quote user="writersblock"]

Thanks for that - where would you recommend buying the dish and box from?  We have one here in UK but have been told that won't work.

[/quote]

Could you clarify why you were told your dish and box won't work?  As far as I understand it both should work fine.  Certainly if your box is a sky box, then you will need that to get sky programs.  Getting a dish in France is cheap and easy.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge should advise.

David

Take it with you anyway. 'People' say all sorts of things. If you have a digibox, such as a Sky box or a free-ro-air box, which works in the UK it will work here. A freeview box will also work but it won't get you the english TV channels, just the French digital ones, assuming the ordinary TV aerial is suitable to receive them.