Neuf Problem

Hi there

We subscribe to Neuf and use their Neufbox 4.  All our telephone calls and internet usage go through this box.  At around 8pm every night the DSL and TEL lights go off and we have neither telephone nor internet coverage again until morning.  Has anyone else had this problem with their Neufbox?

I have called them and tried to ask if there is something they can do but got a very unhelpful guy who said that I needed to call back when the box wasn't working . Later that evening I rang three times form my UK mobile telephone only to be cut off when the call centre answered because they are unable to bill the premium-rate call to a UK phone.!  I have done the usual up-dates over the internet but still no joy! I am at the point of just changing companies - sureley they can't all be as bad as Neuf.....or are they?

Thanks [:)]

Whilst ours rarely goes off for a whole night,  we do have major problems many evenings,  as do most other subscribers to ADSL in our village,  whoever is the provider.

Some of our friends are in a worse situation having ditched France Telecom - they neither receive or make calls during the outages.

In our case there seem to be bad nights and good nights,  so maybe wait a few days and see if it improves....?

Also,  turning the box on and off will sometimes re-establish the connection,  albeit on a bad night it might drop out again ten minutes later.

It's a pain - some say it's contention,  others don't think it is.  I have no idea.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I seem to be unplugging and re-starting it several times a day.  Over the last few days it hasn't improved at all, I've done the update on the computer to see if that made any difference but there is no change.

Luckily from my phonecall with them they have e-mailed me with a "how was our service" type questionnaire.  I am going to complete this and give them my very "unhappy with your service" feedback - probably won't do any good but at least it will be off my chest!

Thanks again.

Junebaby

This thread might give you some pointers: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/851077/ShowPost.aspx

The recommended procedure when the service is not up to the expected

standard is to write to the supplier (registered post with proof of

receipt) to demand that a good connection be re-established within x

days or the contract is cancelled  (sample letter here). It's called une mise en demeure.

This forces them to act or lose the contract. Then if this is not done,

you can walk away without you having to pay any penalty.

I'd advise you to look at one of the consumers website (this is a good starting point) and see if they offer any suggestion.

Have just seen your thread re. your Neuf Box; you could be describing our own experience . . . Our Neuf Box goes off each evening too (it used to be between 10 and 11pm; now between 8 and 9 pm). It (sometimes) comes back on if we re-boot it but it always goes off again sometime during the night and we have to re-boot each morning.

I have phoned Neuf Assistance three times. The first time they sent me a replacement box but that was no better. The second time I was told that the next "mise à jour" would sort things out (it didn't). The third time the man insisted on sending us another Neuf Box, despite being assured that the box works fine during the day. Needless to say, nothing has changed. I received two Customer Survey forms in which I made clear my dissatisfaction. The third time, I didn't receive one! We don't have a mobile phone so when the box goes off we are incommunicado.

Our LAN connection is nearly three kms away and we are at the end of a line so we think this may be the cause of the problem. It seems weird that we have no problems during the day but the box goes off every evening and doesn't come back on again unless we up-date via the computer or switch off and on again.

From what little browsing of the internet I've done, it would seem that we're not on our own - both customers of Neuf ( http://www.justneuf.fr) and other companies. I was interested to see Clair's thread but I'm not sure whether other suppliers are any better so am undecided whether to swap. Would be interested to know what you decide to do and how you go on.

Good luck [blink] Val & Phil (two more of Neuf's dissatisfied customers)

We are with Club Internet,  which of course is now merged with Neuf.   As I said before,  other operators here seem to be just as bad,  but I'm fed up by the fact it costs me €0.35 per minute to report the problems,  so I just don't bother.   So Club Internet probably think I'm happy......

We will go onto a monthly renewal when the first year is up in March 2008,  then cancel in October 2008 when we go back to the UK,  then start again with an operator who has a free helpline,  such as Alice,  in April 2009.

At least that's my plan at the moment.

• 3 months later...