LIVEBOX connection to MAC by wireless

Hi, I've just received my Livebox and connected to my PC  (fingers crossed) it works like a dream.  Unfortunately No1 Son can't connect his MAC by wireless without a WEP password.  We have a WEP password which when entered does not work - the message we receive is 'the selected network uses an acess control list to restrict access and this computer is not on the list.  See the administrator for acess'.

We have been told to press No 1 on the Livebox (where is that?? ... it doesn't appear to be on ours!)

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Hi

When connecting a wireless modem you need to effectively pair the wireless modem to the live box. The no 1 you have been told to press is a small button on the back of the livebox. There should be two small buttons on the back. When I normally connect a new wireless modem to a livebox, I can never remember which button to press so normally end up pressing each one. I think you need to press and hold the button for a little time in order to pair the modem to the livebox.

Hope this helps.

Rachel

I had the same problem and solved it after googling the problem on english webpages - liveboxes are the same in the UK. I am sorry but I can't remember what the solution was but the english Livebox and/or Mac ihelp solved it quite easily.

You will find the WEP Code on the white stick on label with the serial number under the livebox near to the power input, its a 26digit alpa numeric code, specific to that box,  you will also find the correct SSID code for the box as well. It is case sensitive as well.

These both seem to be specific to each box unlike other routers where you can set the codes yourself.

Hope this helps.

More2learn.

Hi

I had to connect a Mac laptop to a live box once and went onto the English orange help pages to get the instructions. If I remember rightly, I think the English help pages suggested connecting a Mac computer via a wired connection first and then transferring it to a wireles connection.

Unfortunately I can't remember the exact steps but I do think it was more complicated than connecting a non-Mac computer.

If you can't find the right help pages, let me know and I will try and find them again.

Good Luck

Rachel