can i find out about broadband speed from my french postcode

thankyou for comments, I used the neighbours phone number and the max speed is 1024kbps, I wonder if the telephone people are going to upgrade the service in the future, its a hamlet of 5 houses in the middle of no where in deux sevres, so I dont think the phone people are going to be to interested 

I think you're lucky to have any ADSL let alone 1Mb.  The speed is dependant on how far you are from an exchange, you must be about 5Km.  At 7Km you get nothing!  What I am now considering is to go the 3G route and get Broadband over the mobile network.  Not as daft or as expensive as it seems.  Orange and SFR both have various offerings, just look on their websites for 'mobile adsl' .  Just plug a dongle into your PC or laptop and away you go, some of the price options give unlimited downloads.  No need for a fixed phone line (you can always use mobiles or VOIP), and you get more than the 1Mb and you can also use it anywhere in France 'on the go'.

thanks for reply, I no you can get broadband over mobile networks now days but i think it depends where you live, is there a website that tells you if your house in france is covered, like if you go on the 3network in the uk it tells me its predicted to be installed in april 08 in my area of yeovil, so it is not available yet so why do they advertise it