As I dont have an under 13 in the house I am hoping that one of you older people can help me!

I am trying to find out if there is a Skype compatible phone in France that works with a Mac. I have seen such phones in Darty etc but they are only compatible with Vista or XP etc.

Any ideas please

Carole

That site opens fine, but why would anybody want to use a phone with skype?

The great advantage is that I can walk around the room hands free and just talk at my microphone (which I use for other things as well)

all the dialling etc is done on screen

That site opens, but I couldn't get the French Skype boutique to open, so didn't put the link. I can walk around the room, upstairs & in the garden with my cordless Skype phone, it shows the list of your Skype pals & you just push a button. Oh & it receives regular calls too. [:D]

Hi, thanks for your help. As JayJay says it gives you the freedom to walk around anywhere in the house with a Skype phone. My computer is upstairs and therefore I tend to miss incoming calls as I cant hear them so it would be really useful to have a phone which picks them up.

I have seen several phones on the internet which seem ideal but cannot discover if they operate in France as some of them have to be connected through a land line.

Macs and France sometimes get confusing when put together!! Or maybe it is just my lack of understanding!!!

"As I dont have an under 13 in the house I am hoping that one of you older people can help me!

I am trying to find out if there is a Skype compatible phone in France that works with a Mac. I have seen such phones in Darty etc but they are only compatible with Vista or XP etc.

Any ideas please

Carole"

You might want to look at the Philips VOIP841.

Assuming that you have a broadband connection, then the base station simply plugs into a spare RJ45 socket on your modem/router and does not require any connection to your computer.

Receives landline and Skype incoming calls and gives the option of using SkypeOut or landline for outgoing calls.

Very good build quality with additional handsets available.

We use ours with a Netgear DG834N modem/router and have had a good, reliable service.

Regards,

Bob Clarke

www.legrindouxproperties.com