Setting Up A New satellite Receiver

I currently have a SEDEA dual tuner satellite receiver (PVR) and motorised setup. I get intermittent problems which I am sure are related to the receiver itself. I have another receiver (also a PVR) which I would like to replace the Sedea with (instructions are in English)

I am however a complete nerd with such things and wonder therefore if anyone on the forum could do it for me. I am quite willing to pay. I live near Monflanquin.

In the absence of anyone else,   (and I've never actually set up a motorised) I think the procedure is pretty much standard - don't you align the dish due south (actually on 1 deg W),  set the limits,  get it working on that bird,  and then go from there?   You sometimes have to make a minor adjustment to the tracking so that it doesn't dip or rise too much at the arc limits.   I imagine it'll be pretty similar to how it was done in the first place.

There was a comprehensive article in Wotsat years ago but I doubt anyone would find it now....

That's what I did Martin - some years ago back in England. There was (still is I think) a Scandinavian satellite at 1 west that I aligned my dish up on - it then needed a few careful 'tweaks' to get the arc scribing correctly. I couldn't possibly do a set up from a distance though and I'm a fair way from the op so perhaps someone nearer will be able to help.

Tim

Thanks all for the replies. I am still as confused as ever but might sit down and ponder for a little while. As the dish is already setup (Astra/Astra2/Hotbird/Sirius)  I think it only needs the receiver setting up.

Hello all

Did someone mention my name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You don;t need me, Martin has said it all, If you had been a little closer to me I would have popped over and assisted, all I would add is once you are set up on 1 West you should have an auto search for sat's (I do not know the receiver) hit that button and it should search for all the sat's but do set up limiters east and west otherwise the motor will try and push the dish through the wall, been there done that (ouch)!!!!!!!!

You should be OK with your dish already set up and if you cannot find the auto search just go through all the sat's you want manually and save each one as you lock onto it.

Best of luck and do come back if you need further help

Thanks Anton and Fridgeman.

You make it sound so easy that I might just bite the bullet and give it a go! Need to rest a while first though to build up enough courage. Funny thing is I've repaired several computers for friends (just as a hobby) and have no problems taking them apart and setting them up.