Hi,

Just had my phone connected and was told that I'd have to pay 55 euros connection charge - however the line is VERY noisy - I'm told I might have to pay for them to come and corect this (my phone is not faulty) Has anyone got experience of this and advice on how best to proceed?

Also I want a French PAYG phone which will recieve calls for free and which I can use in an emergency - any advice on which I should go for and where?

Thanks

Brendan

[quote user="melmoth"]Just had my phone connected and was told that I'd have to pay 55 euros connection charge - however the line is VERY noisy - I'm told I might have to pay for them to come and corect this (my phone is not faulty) Has anyone got experience of this and advice on how best to proceed?[/quote]

Brendan,

Assuming you're referring to a France Telecom land line, they always tell you there will be a charge if the fault lies with your equipment or cables.

If they did find the fault was caused by your equipment, you'd be rightly very annoyed if you were charged and they hadn't told you about it...

Report the fault, agree to the visit, they'll most probably find the fault lies with their own cables and not even need to set foot on your property.

I would suggest for occasional use and non expiring credit then go for

the Leclerc mobile sim card, there is a charge of €1.50 a month but it

appears better than most of the other PAYG mobiles, where your credit

if unused in a certain period of time gets wiped out. You can go to a Leclerc store near you and sign up.

http://leclercmobile.fr/

You are a busy boy :)

Mobile: Orange, no contract, 7 euros a month, 10 mins calls, if you pay an extra 3 euros you can choose 3 numbers either fixed or mobile and get 1 hours free calls per month.

Shame you didnt go with Orange internet and phone package, then you wouldnt be having this trouble with France telecom, not sure if you can change over so quickly ?