@Sky (Not Sky) satellite box

Hi everybody I'm new here,

Has anyone any information on the "@Sky" (Not "Sky") satellite box. I have been given two of these which are about 6 years old and unused. They were aimed at the French market although they were also sold in the UK and have guides in English and French. I would not normally be interested in a box this old but they have a USB connector and some fairly sophisticated PVR software which enables control from a windows PC. They also have a card reader with CA based on eurocrypt standard and 2 cam slots. Under the hood the box (built in China) is well screwed together and has a proprietary @Sky chip on the circuit board. Unfortunately the company doesn’t seem to exist anymore – a victim of the legal department perhaps?

The only bell this rings with me was an internet-by-satellite scheme,   however I'm not even sure I'm right on that,  and anyway if it was that why the CAM slots.

It sounds a very interesting beast....   and presumably will still PVR the FTA stuff....?

Hi,

Thank you both for your prompt response - yes the box in the link is exactly the box and
specification.

Do you happen to know if it is possible to update the software and from
where it could be downloaded?

Many thanks

Now that BJSLIV has identified the box,  you could look at

http://www.my-neotionbox.tv/fr/index.php?rub=T%E9l%E9chargements&page=05_T%E9l%E9chargements/01_Firmwares.php

although there doesn't seem to be any current software,   just an email address to contact.

But you never know,  they might turn out to be helpful....